CRM

Jsum
キーアドバイザー

Is there a way to attach an object to a contact?

解決

A client is evaluating Hubspot. They repair and service devices for customers. A customer will have multiple devices, and each device should have it's own interaction tracking and etc, like contacts.

Essentially, they need Hubspot tickets attached to the devices, which are attached to the contacts, with all of the same property and tracking abilities as contacts. As far as I can tell, this isn't possible. 

Does anyone have any ideas?

0 いいね!
1件の承認済みベストアンサー
AdamLPW
解決策
キーアドバイザー

解決

Yep, pretty much.  It's all targeted at contacts...

The more I read your post, the more I came to the same conclusion!  While doing some casual googling I found this article - https://blog.hubspot.com/customers/custom-objects-solutions-for-partners

Quite an interesting read, but the bottom line of it is that (as I understand it) the answer is "no"!

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"

元の投稿で解決策を見る

4件の返信
AdamLPW
キーアドバイザー

解決

Hi @Jsum,

Would the customers have a contract for all device repairs, or when they have a new device in need of repair do they pay for that individual repair?  If it's the latter, could you use Deals for each device and record the interactions on the Deal as well as contact/company?

Not sure if you can set up zero-valued deals, otherwise!?

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"
Jsum
キーアドバイザー

解決

They want to be able to select a device for a customer and open a ticket on that device.  They currently have a custom build crm that give them a tree of devices (ios: iPhone 1, 2, etc; iPad 1, 2 etc; etc). They want to make use of contacts and tickets, but they need the contact to own the device and the tickets to be attached to the device, which would attach them to the contact.

Ideally, they could see what devices a contact owns, but could also see all iPhone 6's, as an example. I was looking at deals and really it looks like something that should be attached to the device object I am talking about:

-- device

---- contact

---- ticket

---- deal

while keeping the same contact functionality:

-- contact

---- device

-------- ticket

-------- deal

buyer personas -> contact = device types -> device

Like if you were running a repair shop for vehicles. When you get a new customer you'd put them in your system and assign them a vehicle from a set of makes and models, which would have specific make and model information attached, but you'd then be able to make notes on the customer's specific instance of that make/model of vehicle.

As I try to figure out how to explain this I'm realizing that it doesn't exist in Hubspot. They are probably better off using a service & repair crm. If the customer fixed roofs and had clients with several properties, there isn't a way in Hubspot to create the property and attach a contact as the owner.  If the properties stood alone you could filter them by location, change the owner, etc. If a contact gets the delete the properties could stay. Everything in the Hubspot CRM is contact-dependent, right?

0 いいね!
AdamLPW
解決策
キーアドバイザー

解決

Yep, pretty much.  It's all targeted at contacts...

The more I read your post, the more I came to the same conclusion!  While doing some casual googling I found this article - https://blog.hubspot.com/customers/custom-objects-solutions-for-partners

Quite an interesting read, but the bottom line of it is that (as I understand it) the answer is "no"!

Jsum
キーアドバイザー

解決

That's what I thought. Thanks for confirming.