CRM

jordavis93

Is it possible to use Hubspot CRM for Cold Calling?

SOLVE

I want to use the Hubspot CRM for cold calling.  I have a very large CSV file with company names, addresses, and phone numbers but no emails or names.  I would like to import this CSV file but an error pops up when I try saying that first name, last name, and email are required.  What I want to do is call companies, ask for permission to email, and then email them.   Is it possible to import a CSV without emails or names?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
ConnorSlivensky
Solution
Key Advisor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

That's what I'd recommend.  We've previously used lists to target in social media (LinkedIn is really good for retargeting) and once they opt in through a subscription or form fill they're fair game to market to. Good luck and If you need anything else, feel free to DM me.

Don't forget to mark this thread as solved so others can find it easier.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
hubspotquestion

SOLVE

Gemini also says when pushed harder:

HubSpot's Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) regarding unsolicited contact applies to both email and phone calls.

While HubSpot itself doesn't have built-in cold calling features, using contact information obtained without explicit consent for calling purposes would violate their AUP. This applies regardless of whether you use HubSpot's calling functionality (which doesn't exist) or an external tool.

Here's a breakdown to clarify:

• HubSpot and Cold Calling: HubSpot can be a valuable tool to manage and improve your cold calling efforts, but it doesn't directly facilitate cold calls itself.
  • HubSpot AUP and Cold Calling: The AUP restricts contacting anyone who hasn't opted in to receive communication from you, regardless of the channel (email or phone).

Here are some alternative approaches:

1. Focus on Inbound Leads: HubSpot excels at attracting qualified leads through inbound marketing strategies. This can be a more sustainable and compliant way to generate leads who are already interested in your offerings.
  2. Targeted Outreach with ZoomInfo: Use ZoomInfo data to identify ideal customer profiles and target them with relevant content or nurturing campaigns through HubSpot. This can help build brand awareness and establish trust before reaching out by phone.
  3. Explore Third-Party Tools: Consider sales engagement platforms that integrate with HubSpot and offer cold calling functionalities. These platforms often have features to ensure compliance with telemarketing regulations.

I understand you might be looking for a way to directly integrate cold calling with HubSpot using ZoomInfo data. Unfortunately, that's not possible while adhering to ethical and legal guidelines. However, the alternative approaches I mentioned can help you achieve similar goals while staying compliant.

0 Upvotes
hubspotquestion

SOLVE

Can we see the source? Gemini says No, using HubSpot for managing and improving your cold calling efforts does not violate its Acceptable Use Policy (AUP). The AUP focuses on how you use HubSpot's communication tools, specifically email and messaging features. Cold calling utilizes a separate communication channel (phone) and doesn't involve HubSpot's direct functionalities for sending messages.

Gemini further says HubSpot's AUP restricts activities like:

• Sending unsolicited emails (cold emails)
  • Spamming
  • Phishing

Cold calling, as long as it adheres to local regulations and telemarketing compliance, falls outside the scope of these restrictions.

In fact, HubSpot offers resources to improve your cold calling efforts, which suggests they support this sales practice when done ethically.

0 Upvotes
ConnorSlivensky

SOLVE

That's a big no-no from HubSpot. All contacts imported need to have a relationship with you or are expecting to hear from you. That's what the little box you put your initials in says, or something to that effect.

End result is trying to import people you're cold calling is a quick way to get booted off Hubspot. 

0 Upvotes
jordavis93

SOLVE

It is amazing what I could learn if I would just read.  Thanks for the heads up.  I will make sure to do my initial contact using my own system and then use the CRM to keep track of relationships.

0 Upvotes
ConnorSlivensky
Solution

SOLVE

That's what I'd recommend.  We've previously used lists to target in social media (LinkedIn is really good for retargeting) and once they opt in through a subscription or form fill they're fair game to market to. Good luck and If you need anything else, feel free to DM me.

Don't forget to mark this thread as solved so others can find it easier.

0 Upvotes