CRM

CCHeim

Is it possible to sort ALL CONTACTS by number of times they have viewed my email?

SOLVE

Title says it all.  I would like to be able to sort my contacts by number of times they have viewed my email.  

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks!

CC 🙂

1 Accepted solution
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

Is it possible to sort ALL CONTACTS by number of times they have viewed my email?

SOLVE

2000px-Ok_sign_font_awesomeDid my post help answer your query?

Help the Community by marking it as SOLVED

Q:  Is it possible to sort ALL CONTACTS by number of times they have viewed my email?

Short A: No. Not from within the tool.

Longer A:

There's no such thing as a 'Number of Times Emails Opened' contact property. However, you can see this info in the Contact's timeline, and you can setup Chrome to push open notifications to your screen in realtime.

CRM's (HubSpot included) and email provisioning platforms use a tracking pixel in emails to try to detect opens. While this method of open detection is widely know as unrealible, it's the best there is.

A more reliable measure of engagement is email clicks.

Give your email audience a reason to click. Have those clicks lead back to your website (or other trackable assets). This gives you at least two reliable tracking indicators at multiple levels of granularity -- clicks per email recipient, overall clicks per email, page views per email recipient, and overall page views.

Hope that helps.

hubspot-forum-signature-badge-v01.png

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
dinademaio
Participant

SOLVE

I would find this very valuable as well - multiple views/clicks by a single user indicates they may have forwarded the email, which means they find value in the content. I would like to be able to target those folks first/differently than other clickers.  

MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

2000px-Ok_sign_font_awesomeDid my post help answer your query?

Help the Community by marking it as SOLVED

Q:  Is it possible to sort ALL CONTACTS by number of times they have viewed my email?

Short A: No. Not from within the tool.

Longer A:

There's no such thing as a 'Number of Times Emails Opened' contact property. However, you can see this info in the Contact's timeline, and you can setup Chrome to push open notifications to your screen in realtime.

CRM's (HubSpot included) and email provisioning platforms use a tracking pixel in emails to try to detect opens. While this method of open detection is widely know as unrealible, it's the best there is.

A more reliable measure of engagement is email clicks.

Give your email audience a reason to click. Have those clicks lead back to your website (or other trackable assets). This gives you at least two reliable tracking indicators at multiple levels of granularity -- clicks per email recipient, overall clicks per email, page views per email recipient, and overall page views.

Hope that helps.

hubspot-forum-signature-badge-v01.png

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes