CRM

JHallAmberjack

Is it possible to set up a 3rd party Partner Reseller Channel within hubspot

SOLVE

Hi

We are looking to manage approx 20 other company & contacts that will resell and/or bring qualified business to us, and we are exploring how Hubspot could manage those activities as a CRM 

My main interst is how we mange their revenue forecasts, so that we can track partner performance against allocated targets, whilst also manage and see pipeline devt and contribution 

Any ideas?

Many thanks 

Jonathan

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JHallAmberjack,

As a first step, I'd recommend having a look at HubSpot's roles and permissions, especially object access settings. They offer a good level of flexibility but some things are just not possible yet. For example, if it's crucial that your resellers can import contact files, they will also be able to access and download all other import files – potentially a dealbreaker.

Before doing anything else, I'd advise that you thoroughly test permissions with colleagues, otherwise there could be some bad surprises later on.

Regarding your revenue forecasts, these should be fairly straightforward. You would need at least a Professional subscription to get access to the custom report builder, as far as I know. Here as well I'd recommend trying to create the reports that you're interested in before going all in. Under Menu > Reports > Reports > Report Library you can search for "forecast". With a Professional license, you can edit all of the reports – and filter them by Pipeline or HubSpot team.

If you're interested in HubSpot sales goals feature for revenue targets, I'd recommend playing around with that, too. These goals can be created for individual users but not teams.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JHallAmberjack,

As a first step, I'd recommend having a look at HubSpot's roles and permissions, especially object access settings. They offer a good level of flexibility but some things are just not possible yet. For example, if it's crucial that your resellers can import contact files, they will also be able to access and download all other import files – potentially a dealbreaker.

Before doing anything else, I'd advise that you thoroughly test permissions with colleagues, otherwise there could be some bad surprises later on.

Regarding your revenue forecasts, these should be fairly straightforward. You would need at least a Professional subscription to get access to the custom report builder, as far as I know. Here as well I'd recommend trying to create the reports that you're interested in before going all in. Under Menu > Reports > Reports > Report Library you can search for "forecast". With a Professional license, you can edit all of the reports – and filter them by Pipeline or HubSpot team.

If you're interested in HubSpot sales goals feature for revenue targets, I'd recommend playing around with that, too. These goals can be created for individual users but not teams.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes