CRM

Chris7
Member | Elite Partner
Member | Elite Partner

Is it possible to import behavioural data into HubSpot?

I have a client who uses a self build CRM system and now wants to switch to HubSpot. But they don't want to lose the behavioural data stored in their legacy system (form submissions, opened and clicked emails etc.). Is it possible to import this information into HubSpot?

There is no native function that I'm aware of. Could HubSpot's API be used for that purpose? Or is there a third party application than we can use?

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
elizheleva
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

Hi, @Chris7 ,

I'm also not aware of a native tool for this. There are a lot of migration services out there to get data from other CRMs, so I guess that if your client has API from their self-built CRM, then, they can find a way to get the data retrospectively.

A strong developer will be needed for sure.

Thanks,

Eli

Eli Zheleva
Chief Problem solver @ crmsquad | Hubspot Trainer | Hubspot Partner | Community Champion
Still need help? Book a free call with me

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Chris7
Member | Elite Partner
Member | Elite Partner

Thank you Eli

It seems like this is more of a developer question. Most migration services I know of are focused on proprietary CRM tools. Maybe a data warehouse could serve as a bridge between both silos. But I didn't find one yet that syncs behavioral data.

Best regards,

Chris

0 Upvotes
elizheleva

Hi, Chris,

yes, it is a developer question more so. The migration services have solutions for existing CRMs, however, it only means that it's possible, depending on how your CRM is built. You should be able to use Hubspot's API to push the information from within your CRM into theirs in a way that you can have the activities mapped and you can use them as dynamic values. For example, you would be able to select "contacts that have opened an email between Date1 and Date2" or similar.

Ask around for developers either in your network, or here in the community. If you can't find anything, I can put the question to my network, too.

Best regards,

Eli

Eli Zheleva
Chief Problem solver @ crmsquad | Hubspot Trainer | Hubspot Partner | Community Champion
Still need help? Book a free call with me

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.