CRM

hscomuser2345
Contributor

Is it possible to customize the properties shown in a custom section on a record sidebar?

SOLVE

So I know you can obviously customize the default sidebar properties for every user and that each user can further customize their own layouts.

What I'm struggling with is how to customize the properties within a custom section on a per-user basis (instead of changing the layout for everyone else). I'm basically trying to find a work-around for the Team-specific views function which is only available for Enterprise clients. Some screenshots below:

I want to edit, for my view only, properites in the circled area, not the "About this contact" section.

hscomuser2345_0-1660335207862.png

Shown in a different place. Again, just editing this section for MY view, not everyone else's.

hscomuser2345_1-1660335428170.png

Please advise! 

Thanks

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
jolle
Solution
Recognized Expert | Partner

Is it possible to customize the properties shown in a custom section on a record sidebar?

SOLVE

Hey @hscomuser2345,

The only potential workaround that comes to mind is having the user manually update their pinned properties. Whatever is set at the individual level will override the account settings, so any user could potentially set that up the way they'd like (or you can log in as them and update the record as needed).

Otherwise, you could try to get specific with the section names/order of properties so that the team knows exactly what pertains to them. I've seen clients create contact properties purely to act as section headers (like "Sales team only below") to help break up the properties and let users know which sections they need to update.

Hope this helps!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
jolle
Solution

SOLVE

Hey @hscomuser2345,

The only potential workaround that comes to mind is having the user manually update their pinned properties. Whatever is set at the individual level will override the account settings, so any user could potentially set that up the way they'd like (or you can log in as them and update the record as needed).

Otherwise, you could try to get specific with the section names/order of properties so that the team knows exactly what pertains to them. I've seen clients create contact properties purely to act as section headers (like "Sales team only below") to help break up the properties and let users know which sections they need to update.

Hope this helps!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @hscomuser2345,

This would indeed require the team-specific views only availabe in Enterprise. I'm not aware of any workarounds without an Enterprise license.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.