CRM

GidonJ
Participant

Is it possible to create a workflow that moves contacts to Hubspot owner = unassigned?

SOLVE

Hi

I want to create a pool of contacts which are Customers who haven't been contacted in a while and automatically allocate them to unassigned Hubspot owner.

I couldn't find a way to assign to "unassigned". All I could do is to automatically assign it to someone.

Any ideas?

Thanks

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

Is it possible to create a workflow that moves contacts to Hubspot owner = unassigned?

SOLVE

2000px-Ok_sign_font_awesomeDid my post help answer your query?

Help the Community by marking it as SOLVED

Q: Is it possible to create a workflow that moves contacts to Hubspot owner =  unassigned?

Short A: Yes. Definitely.

Longer A:

Build your workflow and target the specific records you'd like.

Then select the 'Clear contact property value' action in your workflow act on the 'HubSpot Owner' Contract Property. (see image)

hubspot-clear-contact-property.png

All done!

Note: It's a HubSpot best practice to clear the value of a Contact Property (or Company Property) in a workflow before replacing with a different value. However, when doing so, you should be very careful not to force any bad behavior (e.g., rolling back a Lifecycle stage). Also, this best practice would not apply if you need to retain/utilize the existing value (e.g., incrementing a counter).

Hope that helps.

hubspot-forum-signature-badge-v01.png

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

GidonJ
Solution
Participant

SOLVE
2 Replies 2
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

2000px-Ok_sign_font_awesomeDid my post help answer your query?

Help the Community by marking it as SOLVED

Q: Is it possible to create a workflow that moves contacts to Hubspot owner =  unassigned?

Short A: Yes. Definitely.

Longer A:

Build your workflow and target the specific records you'd like.

Then select the 'Clear contact property value' action in your workflow act on the 'HubSpot Owner' Contract Property. (see image)

hubspot-clear-contact-property.png

All done!

Note: It's a HubSpot best practice to clear the value of a Contact Property (or Company Property) in a workflow before replacing with a different value. However, when doing so, you should be very careful not to force any bad behavior (e.g., rolling back a Lifecycle stage). Also, this best practice would not apply if you need to retain/utilize the existing value (e.g., incrementing a counter).

Hope that helps.

hubspot-forum-signature-badge-v01.png

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
GidonJ
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Great, Thanks!