Is it possible to copy attachments from a contact into a deal?

tomsedgwick
Contributor

Hey,

Our sales guys are going to be filling out a form, some of the contact properties on the form are for a file upload.

Using a workflow, we will then create a new deal. Is there a way to get these files from the contact to the deal? Or can we do this in a workflow irrespective of using a form?

I understand there is no deal property type for a file, but even just getting the files into the deal attachment's box somehow?

Thanks,

Tom Sedgwick

Solaray Energy 

14 Replies 14
edjusten
HubSpot Employee

Hi @tomsedgwick  As it turns out, it's not possible transfer attached files via a worklow (it can only be done manually).  What kind of files are we talkng about here? There may be soemthing else we can do.

Thank you,

Ed Justen

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
LauraScott
Participant

Hi, i'm interested in this answer too. Appologies for highjacking your thread. We have pdf's that clients upload which we would then like to copy across to a deal.

tomsedgwick
Contributor

Hi Laura,

We managed to do it, however, it involved getting a developer to do it for us using Zapier. We copy all files from the attachments card across using a deal stage as the trigger.

0 Upvotes
JonathanGilmart
Participant | Platinum Partner

Hi 

Could you share the link for the relevant zapier integration? 

Kind regards! 

0 Upvotes
stevenm123

We are well over a  year removed from this post. Is this fuction now available? Doesn't make sense the files don't automaticlaly transfer. 

0 Upvotes
stevenm123

We are over a year removed from the original post. Is this function available now? Doesn't make sense it is not. Thanks. 

0 Upvotes
HarvestROI
Contributor | Platinum Partner

@edjusten The specific functionality that we would need relates to the Service Hub. We're building out Ticket pipelines for a client in the Healthcare benefits space. The need to capture a screenshot of a "benefits summary" and paste it into the ticket or add as an attachment. At the ticket close, we create a new ticket for the  "Update" pipeline and assign that pipeline to a different set of HubSpot users.  We would need for that attachment to copy over to the new ticket via a workflow so that the new service rep would not have to toggle between tickets.

0 Upvotes
Jallal

Hey,

I am trying to get a picture uploaded on a Hubspot form to be copied on a ticket but this seems to be impossible at the moment.

1. Visitors will upload the picture on the form that is on a landing page or on my website.
2. The form submissions creates a new ticket by the way of a workflow.
3. My ticket gets all the information, including pictures, so I can access everything from the ticket itself rather than shifting right and left to gather info.
0 Upvotes
tomsedgwick
Contributor

Hey, if you need custom development work, I highly recommend Scott Wynn. He is excellent at what he does and has helped us with a number of development jobs in HubSpot. He should be able to help with this:

https://www.upwork.com/fl/scottwynn

Cheers, Tom.

0 Upvotes
AimeeFP
Participant

Hey Tom, 

Thanks for the info! Would you know if the HubSpot API has access to attachments in a Deal? I was looking at the API guide and it seems to only have access to "documents".  

Aimee

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager

Hi @AimeeFP 

Thank you for reaching out. 

I had a look and I'd recommend following the steps in this thread to get the attachments with an API. 

Hope that helps.
Have a lovely day,
Tiphaine. 

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

Paul320
Participant | Gold Partner

I too need the ability to copy links to images that were uploaded via a form from a Contact record to a Deal record.

0 Upvotes
Capslock
Participant

We also need this functionality. We use Hubspot to manage enrollment workflows as an education institution. Prospective students upload their CV on an initial application form (HS Form). We would like to add this file upload to the deal record as we use it for assessing applicants. 
If it's not possible, does the uploaded file have an assoicated URL which can be attached to the deal record? 
Ideally, we would do this wihtin a workflow, but open to Zapier. 

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager

Hello @Capslock , 

I would highly recommend you to please post this idea at our ideas forum (here).

Our product team, who monitors the forum regularly, can read your specific use case and understand why this would be a useful functionality or change. It also helps other customers facing the same issue to advocate for its implementation on your behalf by upvoting on the thread as well.

Thank you!

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !