CRM

Katsmale

Is it possible to assign/tag a contact with (multiple) team members?

SOLVE

Hi,

I'm just setting up the Hubspot CRM for our business and one of the things which we'd like to do with it is to be able to see who within our business knows a particular contact. Eg I look up external contact Peter and somehow see that Frank, Daniel and Sam from our company knows him. 

My option so far is to give Peter one 'contact owner', say Frank, then create a custom property with a multicheck tick list of all the people in the company so that i can select Daniel and Sam from the list.

Thing is, our company has around 100 people in it and it's growing, so that select list would be massive and annoying to have to search through to tick off the people who know him.

Given that all of the company people are registered as team members I feel like there should be a clever way be able to link a/multiple team member/s to a contact. It would just be super useful as if I want to approach someone new to me, i can look them up in the database, see that they have already worked with some of my colleagues and tailor my response accordingly. I hope that makes sense! And thank you in advance!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Katsmale,

Interesting use case! HubSpot doesn't have any native features for this.

You could use additional HubSpot user properties (explained here, last bullet point). By default, HubSpot comes with one of these fields, the contact owner. You could add more of these fields. This would make sense if Frank is from Sales, Daniel from Services and Sam from Support – because then you could create a sales contact owner field, a services contact owner field and a support contact owner field. If Frank, Daniel and Sam are from the same department however, the above solution won't work as well.

(Using the free CRM, you can currently create 10 custom properties, see here.)

If you want to track which employees know a contact, your dropdown property would be the best fallback solution.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Katsmale,

Interesting use case! HubSpot doesn't have any native features for this.

You could use additional HubSpot user properties (explained here, last bullet point). By default, HubSpot comes with one of these fields, the contact owner. You could add more of these fields. This would make sense if Frank is from Sales, Daniel from Services and Sam from Support – because then you could create a sales contact owner field, a services contact owner field and a support contact owner field. If Frank, Daniel and Sam are from the same department however, the above solution won't work as well.

(Using the free CRM, you can currently create 10 custom properties, see here.)

If you want to track which employees know a contact, your dropdown property would be the best fallback solution.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.