CRM

TWalker6
Membro

Is it possible to assign a Company property to Contacts while importing?

resolver

I am transferring our Salesforce data into HubSpot and have run into one issue in particular. The "Contacts" file does not have company names associated with the contacts, but rather "Account IDs". While importing the accounts, I was able to create an account ID property that would associate the Company Name to the Account ID for each. 

Now while trying to import Contacts, I am unable to associate the contacts to their appropriate companies due to the fact that the "Account ID" property is a Company Property, rather than a Contact Property. 

Is there a way around this in order to avoid manual entry and association of Companies and Contacts?

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Solução aceita
danmoyle
Solução
Participante de valor | Parceiro Elite

resolver

Hey there @TWalker6. Here's a resource I've shared with clients on this question.

"To import association labels, click the dropdown menu in the Import as column, then select Association label. When importing two objects, the HubSpot property column will automatically populate the object relationship for the objects you're importing (e.g., Contact and Company). If you're importing more than two objects, select the two objects whose relationship the association labels describe."

I hope that helps! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

Exibir solução no post original

2 Respostas 2
danmoyle
Solução

resolver

Hey there @TWalker6. Here's a resource I've shared with clients on this question.

"To import association labels, click the dropdown menu in the Import as column, then select Association label. When importing two objects, the HubSpot property column will automatically populate the object relationship for the objects you're importing (e.g., Contact and Company). If you're importing more than two objects, select the two objects whose relationship the association labels describe."

I hope that helps! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
kvlschaefer
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

resolver

Hi @TWalker6,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community! 

I wanted to add some experts to our conversation to get their input.

Hi @MandyDROS@Jonno_Price@danmoyle@Jnix284@Ben_M@louischausse - Do you have any thoughts for @TWalker6 on their import and object association process? 

Thank you! 

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !