Is it possible to add a contact/company to a new deal on-the-fly?

SOLVE
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi,

Sometimes I when adding a deal you realise that you may not have the company or contact defined as yet.

Is it possible to add them on the fly when creating the deal, or must you back out, add them and then come back to the deal?

Thanks

Steve

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
HubSpot Employee

Hi @craftworx,

When you are creating a new deal, it isn't possible to create a new contact/company right in that screen. However, if you leave Contact and Company blank while creating the deal, once you click create and you are on the deal record, you can click the "Add a company" or "Add a contact" button, search for the company domain or contact email address, and if they don't exist in your portal, a button to create a new contact/company will display.  This process continuously moves forward without having to use the back button.  

I hope this helps!

Brett

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
HubSpot Employee

Hi @craftworx,

When you are creating a new deal, it isn't possible to create a new contact/company right in that screen. However, if you leave Contact and Company blank while creating the deal, once you click create and you are on the deal record, you can click the "Add a company" or "Add a contact" button, search for the company domain or contact email address, and if they don't exist in your portal, a button to create a new contact/company will display.  This process continuously moves forward without having to use the back button.  

I hope this helps!

Brett

0 Upvotes
Visitor

I really am a Hubspot fan. I have tried almost 15 CRMs out of which, I am using 3 including Hubspot side by side before final selection. But this one point is out of my understanding. You know, Pipedrive, Zoho, Bitrix24, and many others have the feature described above. It really offers seamless data entry. I dont know why it is like the way it is and not even customizable. It really saves my seconds or the user seconds. 

0 Upvotes