CRM

asrlhhh
Membro

Is anyone facing a timestamp issue when logging cross-timezone forward emails ?

I don't know if anyone else has faced such problem. The timestamp of forwarding emails seem to be retrieved from plain text in the forward header within the email. And since both gmail and outlook headers only contain timestamp but not the time zone of the sender, the system seems automatically set all timestamps to be in the default timezone (PST in our case). However our client may be located across different time zones and this, as we have tested, can cause a chaos in the log timeline.

Here is an example. Today I tested the forwarding function by forwarding an email sent from an account from east coast. In the header we can see it's 6:22 pm in east coast at that time. After forwarding that to our hubspot bot, I could not see the log for a long time until now the log appears as an "upcoming" email. It appears that the forwarding bot thinks the original email was sent at 6:22 pm on west coast, which is a future time by then.

This is the original forward header:

---------- Forwarded message ---------
Sent: Wednesday, November 25, 2020 6:22 PM
To: XXX XX
Subject: Fwd: Random topic

This is what appears in the log (notice it did a time zone conversion):

Associated with 1 record Pin Delete Nov 25, 2020 at 9:22 PM EST

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Resposta 1
natsumimori
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

Is anyone facing a timestamp issue when logging cross-timezone forward emails ?

Hi @asrlhhh ,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

①Just to be sure I understand your situation, could you confirm the following is correct?

1. Someone in the East Coast sends you an email from their email inbox
  2. Your inbox(recipient) automatially forwards that email to HubSpot bot at 6:22pm in the East Coast time
  3. In HubSpot, the log time is 6:22pm in the West Coast time

Please let me know if I'm missing anything.

②Could you please provide these information via parivate message? 

1. How do you forward emails to your HubSpot bot?
  2. By saying "HubSpot bot", do you mean a conversations inbox?
  3. The original sender email address (The address which sent you the first email)
  4. Is the address forwarded the email "asrielhan@gmail.com"? 
  5. What is the address which received the forwareded email?
  6. Screenshots of the original email, forwarded email and the log in HubSpot (I'd want to compare the timestamp)

Thank you!