CRM

CorePipe
Participant

Is HubSpot sending emails to contacts I'm creating?

SOLVE

Good morning everyone,

So I'm getting HubSpot set up for a company that I started at about two months ago and I added my sales team as users so I could assign companies to them so that everything's ready to go when I'm done setting up. I indicated I did not want any invite emails going out to them, but now it's sending them reminders about setting up their account in HubSpot. It also notified them when I was assigning companies. I have deleted all of them as users for the time being to avoid anything else like this happening.

Three questions I have at the moment:

How can I stop this in the future once I've added them back in?

Have other emails been going out, such as to contacts when I enter their contact information?

How can I keep HubSpot from sending ANY communications until I want it to?

I contacted support about these questions and they pointed me here.

Thanks in advance for any replies!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
mlemoine
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi there !

Thank you for your message.

So when you add users to Hubspot, they can receive some email notifications when they do some actions. So for example, the fact that you assign a user a company could be a reason for them to receive a notification by email.

I really understand that you would want to prevent notifications from being sent at the beginning of the setup. However, the notifications are managed on the user level.

So it means that when you create new users, they would need to manually edit their notification settings.

I suggest that you take a look to this article : Set up user notifications in Hubspot

What you could do it prepare the set of notification you would want to apply in your account and share with the team what you have done so they can replicate it in their account

Also, for your other questions, all emails that were sent were internal email notifications managed by the settings discussed above. Hubspot wouldn't send any email communications to your contact. This would need to be an action on your side.

Let me know if you have other questions about this

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
mlemoine
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi there !

Thank you for your message.

So when you add users to Hubspot, they can receive some email notifications when they do some actions. So for example, the fact that you assign a user a company could be a reason for them to receive a notification by email.

I really understand that you would want to prevent notifications from being sent at the beginning of the setup. However, the notifications are managed on the user level.

So it means that when you create new users, they would need to manually edit their notification settings.

I suggest that you take a look to this article : Set up user notifications in Hubspot

What you could do it prepare the set of notification you would want to apply in your account and share with the team what you have done so they can replicate it in their account

Also, for your other questions, all emails that were sent were internal email notifications managed by the settings discussed above. Hubspot wouldn't send any email communications to your contact. This would need to be an action on your side.

Let me know if you have other questions about this

CorePipe
Participant

SOLVE

That's fanatastic news regarding the contacts! Internal emails aren't that big of a deal at the end of the day, but updates going to users would have been a nightmare.

Just for clarification, if I have removed all users but myself from the account, HubSpot will not be sending emails to anyone but me, right?

Thank you for the reply!

0 Upvotes
mlemoine
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Yes, if you are the only user in your account, Hubspot will only be sending internal email notifications to you.

When you add back your team, first thing you can do is blocking their email notifications with them before assigning them some contacts or companies so they get overwhelmed by notifications. And then after that, you can decided what notifications you want back

CorePipe
Participant

SOLVE

Wonderful, thank you again!