CRM

midboez
Colaborador(a)

Inventory Management Solutions

resolver

I'm looking to get a new inventory management software, we primarly deal with "finished goods", and it so the invoices and shipping ties into HubSpot. Does anyone have any suggestions or have any good experiences with a company? Since HubSpot does not have anythign natively to manage inventory and I didn't see much in the app marketplace either, just trying to narrow down some possible solutions. 

1 Solução aceita
darynsmith
Solução
Top colaborador(a) | Parceiro Elite

resolver

Hi @midboez 

There are a few ways you can do this - but you are correct there is nothing out of the box at the moment.

First thing is how much inventory do you have and is each product unique? If so, you could use the Service Tickets Object to represent inventory. Each ticket is a unique product and you can track how far it is to "finished" and how many of each type you have. And which customer purchased which individual item.

If you don't need to track things at this granular level, I would recommend building a small CRM extension whereby all your product information is stored, and quantity of each product is saved. When a deal moves to Won - we can simply use a webhook to subtract the quantity of product based on the quantity just sold.

Would either of these two solutions work for you?

CC @PamCotton 

Daryn Smith
Chief Strategy Officer
Huble Digital

Exibir solução no post original

15 Respostas 15
AHooks
Colaborador(a)

resolver

I have a similar case where it would be nice to have an inventory of our build components when a deal is closed\won so the salesperson can give a better delivery timeframe to the customer.  I was thinking of creating a custom object called inventory and setting up the fields and workflows to accommodate. Has anyone else tried this? 

0 Avaliação positiva
SSchueler
Membro

resolver

I know this was last year but maybe I can still be helpful. If you use Zapier you can get a workaround to connect Hubspot to the inventory management program Megaventory. You can check out the system here

kvlschaefer
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

resolver

Thanks for sharing this integration with us, @SSchueler!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
darynsmith

resolver

For one of our customers, we created a custom product property in HubSpot called Inventory/Quantity. And we run a script that updates this field every few minutes with the quantity available. This means that when they are adding products to a quote, they can see how many of each item is available. 

Daryn Smith
Chief Strategy Officer
Huble Digital
MBushinski
Participante

resolver

Hi Daryn,

I'd love to see this too. We are are a retail store experience where we work with brands to display their products in our stores for a few months at a time. I'd love to be able to keep track of which spaces are sold and which are still available so that there is no chance of double booking a space. Would your solution work here too?

0 Avaliação positiva
darynsmith

resolver

Hi @MBushinski - yes I think this solution will work for you. Where is the data about the products stored? If you would like to setup a meeting - email me on daryn.smith@hubledigital.com

Daryn Smith
Chief Strategy Officer
Huble Digital
0 Avaliação positiva
MLaky
Membro

resolver

Daryn,

Is there any opportunity to see what this looks like live.  We are a HubSpot user, we have inventory in stock, inventory in transit from Denmark, and inventory ordered from Denmark.  

Mike Laky, CEO Enable Me

0 Avaliação positiva
pandaflow
Participante

resolver

Hello -

Take a look at Inventory Panda on the App marketplace. 

Hello - We added a new app to tracks inventory for products within HubSpot.  It can also sync with Shopify, BigCommerce, etc., and adds inventory data within HubSpot.  It integrates nicely with HS workflows and Reports and Deals.

Example Use Case - A company that has b2c operation with Shopify or BigCommerce but also has a sales team that uses HubSpot to create deals within HubSpot and needs instant inventory numbers.  When Deals are closed/won it adjusts the inventory and syncs back to your eCommerce store. Tracks the inventory at different stages of your deals. https://app.hubspot.com/ecosystem/6221463/marketplace/apps/marketing/ecommerce/inventory-panda-28323...

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks

DSI
Participante

resolver

Your "Inventory Panda" would be the best fit for our company. But actually, I am struggling to install that one since there is an error to the "install app" btn that lands on the Panda Flow website instead. Moreover, I sent an email to Support with no response since the middle of this month. Do you think you can help me with this, please? I would very much appreciate it!

Many thanks, Denise

0 Avaliação positiva
midboez
Colaborador(a)

resolver

Hi @Panda ,

Thanks for letting me know, I'm going to take a look into this some more. We are in the middle of switching our inventory management and shipping platform, once we get that switched over I'll look into this some more and see if it would be a good fit. Thanks for updating me, this might be a good solution. 

darynsmith
Solução

resolver

Hi @midboez 

There are a few ways you can do this - but you are correct there is nothing out of the box at the moment.

First thing is how much inventory do you have and is each product unique? If so, you could use the Service Tickets Object to represent inventory. Each ticket is a unique product and you can track how far it is to "finished" and how many of each type you have. And which customer purchased which individual item.

If you don't need to track things at this granular level, I would recommend building a small CRM extension whereby all your product information is stored, and quantity of each product is saved. When a deal moves to Won - we can simply use a webhook to subtract the quantity of product based on the quantity just sold.

Would either of these two solutions work for you?

CC @PamCotton 

Daryn Smith
Chief Strategy Officer
Huble Digital
midboez
Colaborador(a)

resolver

I'm not sure about how either of those solutions would work functionally, we don't use service tickets for anything at this time. 

We have around 100 or so unique products, each with its own SKU. 

Long term, it would be nice to have pick, pack and ship functions as well as inventory tracking (but I realize that is a lot). Short term, if I can have something that at a minimum shows inventory levels and can do some reporting on what products have sold, inventory left on hand, and some other basic inventory reports. 

darynsmith

resolver

The Tickets Object in HubSpot would allow you to do what you're trying to achieve as your SKU quantity is low.

Setup a Ticket pipeline with stages like: ordered, in production, in stock, pick, pack, shipped. And then setup a custom field to represent the product type, and another for SKU reference number. 

Then create a ticket for each product, by counting the number of tickets by "product type" field, you will know inventory in each stage. And you can link tickets to deals so you can see who ordered which products.

Happy to explain further, here is my meetings link: https://www.hubledigital.com/meetings/daryn-smith

Daryn Smith
Chief Strategy Officer
Huble Digital
PamCotton
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

resolver

Hello @midboez,

I investigated more about it and at this moment, HubSpot does not offer integration partners for inventory management software.

I will be tagging some of our top contributors to have their opinion as well.

@darynsmith@himanshurauthan@bradmin any thoughts in some integration about inventory management or feature that may help @midboez?

Than you.

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Avaliação positiva
midboez
Colaborador(a)

resolver

Hi Pam,

Thanks for looking into this, I did some digging around and came up empty handed. It would be ideal for so many reasons, hopefully someone has some suggestions or experience with this matter. If not, maybe it can be something in the future that is considered. 

Best,

Zac

0 Avaliação positiva