CRM

KJonsson
Contributor

Invalid product ID error - but it's correct?

Hello, trying to import a list of products with SKU to update existing products in HubSpot. 

But everytime I try it, HubSpot gives me the error "Invalid Product ID". But I doulbe and triple-checked - I even exported the current products to check it in Excel - and the SKUs are correct.

I tried importing just one product with SKU "1550" and it gave me the error still. And the product is definitely in the HubSpot Product list.

Any ideas? Thanks.

4 Replies 4
SNigam
Key Advisor

Hello @KJonsson ,

Once I faced this issue and I was really confused and thinking where i am doing wrong then at last I found that when I am exporting the excel file from HubSpot and when I am opening that file my system is formatted all of the columns of the file but by looking columns it doesn't show me any difference so what works for me is I had copied all data from that file and paste it to a different new excel file but paste also not just CTRL+V instead of this I used CTRL+Shift+V which actually a short form of "Paste Text Without Formatting" and then I edited that column which I want to update and do the import it worked. I suggest you to give it a try once. 

Thank you 

Shubham Nigam

KJonsson
Contributor

Hey, sorry to say this did not work.

I copy pasted three products un-formatted like you said, and made a CSV file of only these products. I imported the file into HubSpot so the three products were created. Then I immediately tried importing the exact same file again, using the SKUs to overwrite the current Register-ID. 

HubSpot immediately says it cannot find the products associated with the SKUs... even though I just imported those exact same products 2 minutes earlier.

So still no progress. 

0 Upvotes
SNigam
Key Advisor

Okay, so at last i will suggest you to discuss with HubSpot support through live chat I am sure they will identify the issue because sometimes issues resists on your portal like cache or something so they will identify and will help you.

KJonsson
Contributor

Thank you, I will try this immediately.