CRM

sudshetty1
Participant

Integrating deals information and company records , when deals enters a particular stage

SOLVE

dealinformation_stage2_integration.PNGdeal_supplier(cloned)_target_stage 2.PNGcompanyrecords_stage2_integration.PNGcompany_properties_zap_stage2.png

I wanted to associate a deal with a company.

Our company records features client records and supplier records with primary and secondary services as additional records.

When I create a deal in the Quoting stage, I select the client name and company along with the primary services and secondary services features required( Cloned from company property). Based on the selection, I would like to retrieve the list of supplier ( from company records) that are capbale of providing the selected services

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
DAnaGuiloff
Solution
Top Contributor | Partner

Integrating deals information and company records , when deals enters a particular stage

SOLVE

Hey @sudshetty1,

First you have to remember, everything that happens in HubSpot happens TO a Contact Record/Object and the whole point of using the HubSpot Ecosystem is to Engage with that Contact. (Contact/Company/Deal/Ticket Objects are the foundation of the system -ignorning custom beta options & apis that may be availalbe - sorry @darynsmith 😉)

That said, I think I am understanding mostly what you are looking for based on your description/screenshots, but let me break it down and give you afew options I believe would work for you or atleast get you most of the way there without totally understanding your business in detail.

If you have Sales Hub Pro/Enterprise, you could make use of Products. Then for each Supplier, have a product for each of their Primary & Secondary Services. You could name them something like the following:

• Die Casting - XYZ Group
  • Die Casting - ABC Inc.
  • Laser - XYZ Group
  • Laser - LMNO Co.

That would allow you to group like services together and be able to report and pull lists on them for products that contain "XYZ Group" for example. 

You could also make use of the SKU to group Supplier Services together, so :

• Die Casting - XYZ Group would be "DieCast12345" (then you could add a list of those SKUs that contain "12345" as a custom property under that Supplier's Company Record as their own unique identifier), any record that has that sku with that Supplier's ID is associated. 

You could pull lists based on Product SKU starts with/ends with/contains that unique identifier. Then you would just add those products to your deals to I think this method would be the easiest to report on since that is built in to how HubSpot functions already.

This line of thinking involves some content restructuring and ABSOLUTELY needs a much more in-depth conversation, but I will outline as much as I can to get you going down that path to see if it would be an option for you.

1. You need a Supplier Record: (your vendors)
    • That holds the Point of Contact's information (your vendors' individuals)
    • That holds Primary Services Offered
    • That holds Secondary Services Offered
    • With a way to determine it is a Supplier
    • With the ability to associate it to a Deal
  2. You need a Company Record: (your customers' business)
    • That holds the Point of Contact's information (your customers' individuals)
    • That holds Primary Services Needed
    • That holds Secondary Services Needed
  3. You need a Deal Record: (your contracts/agreements) 
    • That is associated to a Company Record (your customers' business)
    • That is associated to a Supplier Record (your vendors)
    • That is associated to the Customers Point of Contact information (your customers' individuals)
    • That holds Primary Services Provided/Rendered
    • That holds Secondary Services Provided/Rendered

I think we can get you almost all the way to the outline above but it will involve some restructuring of your data and rethinking how you are using the objects in HubSpot.

If you think of the Supplier Record (your vendors) as a company object instead of a property on your Company Record (your customers' business), also a company object, then things start falling into place for associations. You can easily add a custom property on both the Supplier & Company named "Type" and then have the options of: "Supplier" & "Customer". You can also include whatever other categories of business info you track in your CRM/portal using this to segment it (but that's a separate convo).

Then, you now have 2 company objects in HubSpot (Supplier & Customer). If the system would allow you to associate multiple companies with a deal, you could make use of Parent/Child Company Relationships and life would be much easier.  However that is unfortunately not the case, so you have to find other ways to relate the data. It does however give you the ability to see Suppliers & Customers independent of each other and report accordingly.

Contact records do not have the restriction of being tied to only 1 deal record, but they can ONLY be associated with 1 company, so we can work around these limitations by having a Contact Record at your Supplier Company that gets associated with the deal (your vendors' individuals) - not ideal but it works and it ties back to the HS is built around a  contact record. 

• EXAMPLE: Customer Company 1 has deal that involves Supplier Company A. Deal is created, services properties are updated and Contacts/Companies are associated with the deal. In the case of the Customer Company 1, both the Company AND the Contacts are associated, with the Suppiler Company A, only the Primary Supplier Contact is associated with the deal. THEN you can pull Primary Supplier Contact's associated deals.

You still keep your Primary/Secondary Services records on each object, but just change slightly how you store & think about them so you can later pull reporting/lists/views based on each as a separate entity.

• On the Supplier Record (your vendors) they are Offered Services = what the supplier can do. This gives you the ability to store supplier services they are capable of providing to your customers and ultimately see where you have gaps and overlap.
  • On the Company Record (your customers) they are Needed Services = what the customer needs done. This gives you the ability to store customer services they in search of that your suppliers can hopefully provide and market to customers who have a need that is not currently being filled with a supplier ("you have x, but said you also need y, we have a supplier for that").
  • On the Deal Record (your contracts/agreements) they are Provided/Rendered Services = what the customer has purchased/is purchasing to be done. This gives you the ability to store any services that your suppliers are giving to your customer, under an in-progress or completed agreement with you and know where in the pipeline different services are at for fulfillment.

I know that was a ton of information, but I wanted to make sure you had some options and were looking at the system in a way that would give you the most of what you are looking to accomplish so you can figure out what path gets you the closest to your goals. Building out complex systems requires understanding the intricacies of your unique business.

Hope that helps get you closer to what you need. I offer one-off consulting if you'd like to dig into this deeper, just reach out.

Happy HubSpotting!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
JessicaH
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @sudshetty1,

Thanks for reaching out.

I want to tag in some thought leaders to see if they can assist with this.

Hi @darynsmith  @GuyTaylor @DAnaGuiloff, do you have any suggestions for @sudshetty1?

Thanks!

Jess  

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, in dem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

DAnaGuiloff
Solution

SOLVE

Hey @sudshetty1,

First you have to remember, everything that happens in HubSpot happens TO a Contact Record/Object and the whole point of using the HubSpot Ecosystem is to Engage with that Contact. (Contact/Company/Deal/Ticket Objects are the foundation of the system -ignorning custom beta options & apis that may be availalbe - sorry @darynsmith 😉)

That said, I think I am understanding mostly what you are looking for based on your description/screenshots, but let me break it down and give you afew options I believe would work for you or atleast get you most of the way there without totally understanding your business in detail.

If you have Sales Hub Pro/Enterprise, you could make use of Products. Then for each Supplier, have a product for each of their Primary & Secondary Services. You could name them something like the following:

• Die Casting - XYZ Group
  • Die Casting - ABC Inc.
  • Laser - XYZ Group
  • Laser - LMNO Co.

That would allow you to group like services together and be able to report and pull lists on them for products that contain "XYZ Group" for example. 

You could also make use of the SKU to group Supplier Services together, so :

• Die Casting - XYZ Group would be "DieCast12345" (then you could add a list of those SKUs that contain "12345" as a custom property under that Supplier's Company Record as their own unique identifier), any record that has that sku with that Supplier's ID is associated. 

You could pull lists based on Product SKU starts with/ends with/contains that unique identifier. Then you would just add those products to your deals to I think this method would be the easiest to report on since that is built in to how HubSpot functions already.

This line of thinking involves some content restructuring and ABSOLUTELY needs a much more in-depth conversation, but I will outline as much as I can to get you going down that path to see if it would be an option for you.

1. You need a Supplier Record: (your vendors)
    • That holds the Point of Contact's information (your vendors' individuals)
    • That holds Primary Services Offered
    • That holds Secondary Services Offered
  2. You need a Company Record: (your customers' business)
    • That holds the Point of Contact's information (your customers' individuals)
    • That holds Primary Services Needed
    • That holds Secondary Services Needed
  3. You need a Deal Record: (your contracts/agreements) 
    • That is associated to a Company Record (your customers' business)
    • That is associated to a Supplier Record (your vendors)
    • That is associated to the Customers Point of Contact information (your customers' individuals)
    • That holds Primary Services Provided/Rendered
    • That holds Secondary Services Provided/Rendered

I think we can get you almost all the way to the outline above but it will involve some restructuring of your data and rethinking how you are using the objects in HubSpot.

If you think of the Supplier Record (your vendors) as a company object instead of a property on your Company Record (your customers' business), also a company object, then things start falling into place for associations. You can easily add a custom property on both the Supplier & Company named "Type" and then have the options of: "Supplier" & "Customer". You can also include whatever other categories of business info you track in your CRM/portal using this to segment it (but that's a separate convo).

Then, you now have 2 company objects in HubSpot (Supplier & Customer). If the system would allow you to associate multiple companies with a deal, you could make use of Parent/Child Company Relationships and life would be much easier.  However that is unfortunately not the case, so you have to find other ways to relate the data. It does however give you the ability to see Suppliers & Customers independent of each other and report accordingly.

Contact records do not have the restriction of being tied to only 1 deal record, but they can ONLY be associated with 1 company, so we can work around these limitations by having a Contact Record at your Supplier Company that gets associated with the deal (your vendors' individuals) - not ideal but it works and it ties back to the HS is built around a  contact record. 

• EXAMPLE: Customer Company 1 has deal that involves Supplier Company A. Deal is created, services properties are updated and Contacts/Companies are associated with the deal. In the case of the Customer Company 1, both the Company AND the Contacts are associated, with the Suppiler Company A, only the Primary Supplier Contact is associated with the deal. THEN you can pull Primary Supplier Contact's associated deals.

You still keep your Primary/Secondary Services records on each object, but just change slightly how you store & think about them so you can later pull reporting/lists/views based on each as a separate entity.

• On the Supplier Record (your vendors) they are Offered Services = what the supplier can do. This gives you the ability to store supplier services they are capable of providing to your customers and ultimately see where you have gaps and overlap.
  • On the Company Record (your customers) they are Needed Services = what the customer needs done. This gives you the ability to store customer services they in search of that your suppliers can hopefully provide and market to customers who have a need that is not currently being filled with a supplier ("you have x, but said you also need y, we have a supplier for that").
  • On the Deal Record (your contracts/agreements) they are Provided/Rendered Services = what the customer has purchased/is purchasing to be done. This gives you the ability to store any services that your suppliers are giving to your customer, under an in-progress or completed agreement with you and know where in the pipeline different services are at for fulfillment.

I know that was a ton of information, but I wanted to make sure you had some options and were looking at the system in a way that would give you the most of what you are looking to accomplish so you can figure out what path gets you the closest to your goals. Building out complex systems requires understanding the intricacies of your unique business.

Hope that helps get you closer to what you need. I offer one-off consulting if you'd like to dig into this deeper, just reach out.

Happy HubSpotting!

darynsmith
Top Contributor | Elite Partner
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi @sudshetty1 

You cannot link objects (Contact, Deal, Company) together through a custom field.

You can link objects together on the right hand side of the screen.

However, you cannot link two Companies to a single deal which is what you are trying to do.

My suggestion would be put Suppliers into a Custom Object - this is currently in Beta, but does require Sales Enterprise.

An alternative, is to have a transactional script written that copies all companies that are marked as Suppliers as values in a drop down menu every few minutes. 

Daryn Smith
Chief Strategy Officer
Huble Digital