Integrate Gmail but Disable Google Drive. Is this possible?

Highlighted

Hey guys, hope someone can help. I just got the CRM. I want to integrate my Gmail account, but I don't want to give Hubspot access to my Google Drive files. Is there a way that I can do one without the other? It's one thing to open up my email and another to have all my company files accessible to Hubspot servers. I'm not comfortable with that. I apprecaite any help you can offer. 

Thanks,

ZaZa

4 Replies 4
Highlighted
HubSpot Employee

Hi @zaza At this time it is not possible to connect your inbox without granting access to Google Drive. You cna find out more about HubSpot Security here.

Thank you,

Ed Justen

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

It's 2019 and this is still just as much of a problem as it was when the original post was written. For any company using GSuite, there's way too much risk to share their Google drive account. @HubSpot, when will you add more granular security that would allow us to share email and calendar but not Drive? 

I have the same concern. I'm not connecting Hubspot to gmail because I won't give it access to Google Drive. It would be good to know if this is in the works at some point. If anyone has suggestions on other CRMs that are similar to HubSpot but don't require access to files in order to support gmail integration, please let me know.

Highlighted
Top Contributor

I'm also running in to road blocks in my company - I can't roll out key hubspot features because we would simply be handing over too much access to our data to HubSpot. Our IT security team is not impressed.

Please review this and find a way to allow more granular access control.