CRM

kraver

Inquiring about Contact Shortcut and Company Owner

SOLVE

Hi Everyone.

I am new here. Is there a way to quickly reach my contacts without having to type it in search?

And also, I just entered myself into contacts before I start using this app professionally. I am the Marketing Director and that is my position, however it autoloads the company information on the right side. I am not the owner of the company. The choices are me, or no owner. I should be able to add the real owner of the company. What would happen if there was more than one contact from a company? We can't all be the owner. Sometimes the owner doesn't need to be your contact, but still should be listed as owner. Would you end up with multiple company lists of the same company if you put multiple people of the same company in the contacts? I hope I articulated this in an understandable way. Thanks in advance for the help. I thought I would just be able to get support to ask these quick questions, but apparently, we do not have that level of service.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @kraver,

Search is a great way to find contacts quickly if you know what you are searching for. If you are looking to find a contact based on attributes, but you don't know their names, filters work great. You can also save these filters/views, which makes it easy to find contacts easily.

Regarding the owner question, that is referring to the representative that is responsible for that specific object (contact, company, deal), not the actual company owner (which would go in the job title or role). This might be a sales rep, account rep, customer service rep, etc.. This might help: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/how-to-set-an-owner

I would also recommend checking out the HubSpot Academy and watching the videos related to the CRM software. This will give you some great guidance as a new user.

I hope that helps. Welcome to HubSpot and the HubSpot Community!

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Josh
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @kraver,

Search is a great way to find contacts quickly if you know what you are searching for. If you are looking to find a contact based on attributes, but you don't know their names, filters work great. You can also save these filters/views, which makes it easy to find contacts easily.

Regarding the owner question, that is referring to the representative that is responsible for that specific object (contact, company, deal), not the actual company owner (which would go in the job title or role). This might be a sales rep, account rep, customer service rep, etc.. This might help: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/how-to-set-an-owner

I would also recommend checking out the HubSpot Academy and watching the videos related to the CRM software. This will give you some great guidance as a new user.

I hope that helps. Welcome to HubSpot and the HubSpot Community!

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer