CRM

bkapitzky

Information doesn't sync?

SOLVE

Just started using Hubspot. 

I'm working with the companies, contacts and dealflows. 

In my dealflows I have companies that are also connected by contacts. I like to write notes in for the people that I speak with but I realized that I may have to write the information and copy and paste it over to the company and dealflow. Do my notes not just sync into a centralized location? Do I have to write notes for the company, then the contact, then the dealflow? I'd like to write a note in any of these three and just have them all sync together.

Please let me know,

Thanks a lot.

Bryce

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

2000px-Ok_sign_font_awesomeDoes my post help answer your question?

Help the Community by marking it as SOLVED

Q: Information doesn't sync?

Short A: Sure does. Just gotta have the right associations built.

Longer A:

Here's what our 'Deal of the Century' looks like before we associate it with a Contact and Company.

(see image)

hubspot-deals-notes-before-association.png

Here's what our 'Deal of the Century' looks like with appropriate associations.

Note: Each 'note' was created AFTER the associations were made. And none were actually created in the deal itself.

(see image)

hubspot-deals-notes-after-association.png

I thought I remember this working differently (i.e., showing notes written even before associations were made), but those brain cells have fallen out of my ears! haha

- see How do I associate an activity with a specific contact, company, or deal record?

Does that help solve your question?

Best,
Frank

share-on-Linkedin-Button-75x19.png 

hubspot-forum-signature-badge-v01.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Please add @MFrankJohnson to HubSpot Community Forum messages if you'd like me to reply.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

2000px-Ok_sign_font_awesomeDoes my post help answer your question?

Help the Community by marking it as SOLVED

Q: Information doesn't sync?

Short A: Sure does. Just gotta have the right associations built.

Longer A:

Here's what our 'Deal of the Century' looks like before we associate it with a Contact and Company.

(see image)

hubspot-deals-notes-before-association.png

Here's what our 'Deal of the Century' looks like with appropriate associations.

Note: Each 'note' was created AFTER the associations were made. And none were actually created in the deal itself.

(see image)

hubspot-deals-notes-after-association.png

I thought I remember this working differently (i.e., showing notes written even before associations were made), but those brain cells have fallen out of my ears! haha

- see How do I associate an activity with a specific contact, company, or deal record?

Does that help solve your question?

Best,
Frank

share-on-Linkedin-Button-75x19.png 

hubspot-forum-signature-badge-v01.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Please add @MFrankJohnson to HubSpot Community Forum messages if you'd like me to reply.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
bkapitzky

SOLVE

Hi Frank, 

Thanks for you reply but we do have those associations set up in our deal. We've connected both "company" and "contacts", however all the notes are still not syncing up in the central place.

I wonder if it's because we're on the free version?

Please let me know your thoughts and I appreciate your reply.

Bryce 

0 Upvotes
TrucksByGlen
Contributor

SOLVE

Bryce I use the free version too and haven't had an issue with the syncing when using the web version. I've had an issue with the app that I just brought up: are you using web or app?

0 Upvotes