CRM

coco

Industry Companies vs. Contacts

SOLVE

Is there anyway to have the Company Industry auto populate the Contact Industry when they are associated?  Or do I have to manually update each contact?

1 Accepted solution
KatieSchieder
Solution
Contributor | Partner
Contributor | Partner

SOLVE

I think the easiest way to accomplish this would be to create a workflow like the one show below as an example

Company to Contact.PNG

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
JEpner
Participant

SOLVE

Still not clear what 'xyz' is....  There does not seem to be an option in a Workflow to set records equal to each other, only to use a predetermined value.  It doesn't allow Industry to be a variable..

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @coco

What HubSpot tools are you using? Depending on what you have access to, there will be different options. 

@KatieSchieder do you have any advice on associating companies and contacts, and how to organize this information? 

KatieSchieder
Solution
Contributor | Partner
Contributor | Partner

SOLVE

I think the easiest way to accomplish this would be to create a workflow like the one show below as an example

Company to Contact.PNG

DMTaylor
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Katie,

Do you know where I can see a list of Hubspot's 150 pre-defined industry options for a company property?

Thanks

D

0 Upvotes
amandafann
Contributor

SOLVE

In case anyone is still looking for Industry options, I came across these two posts where Hubspot members helped provide them! 

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/CRM/Export-industry-categories/m-p/266263

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/CRM/Set-up-workflow-to-mirror-properties-between-company-and/m-p/26...

JustinDadavan

SOLVE

Can I apply this workflow to my pre-existing contacts to mass adjust their industry type?

0 Upvotes
KatieSchieder
Contributor | Partner
Contributor | Partner

SOLVE

Yes, I believe you should be able to

0 Upvotes
af
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Katie. Every time I copy over the company industry to the contact industry it shows up all capitalized. Is there a way to have it just capitalize the first letter of the industry? Thanks!

0 Upvotes
coco

SOLVE

Thank you! I will give this a try

0 Upvotes