Industry Companies vs. Contacts

SOLVE
Highlighted
New Contributor

Is there anyway to have the Company Industry auto populate the Contact Industry when they are associated?  Or do I have to manually update each contact?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Regular Contributor

I think the easiest way to accomplish this would be to create a workflow like the one show below as an example

Company to Contact.PNG

7 Replies 7
Community Manager

Hi @coco

What HubSpot tools are you using? Depending on what you have access to, there will be different options. 

@KatieSchieder do you have any advice on associating companies and contacts, and how to organize this information? 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

I think the easiest way to accomplish this would be to create a workflow like the one show below as an example

Company to Contact.PNG

New Contributor

Thank you! I will give this a try

0 Upvotes
af
Regular Contributor

Hi Katie. Every time I copy over the company industry to the contact industry it shows up all capitalized. Is there a way to have it just capitalize the first letter of the industry? Thanks!

0 Upvotes

Can I apply this workflow to my pre-existing contacts to mass adjust their industry type?

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

Yes, I believe you should be able to

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Hi Katie,

Do you know where I can see a list of Hubspot's 150 pre-defined industry options for a company property?

Thanks

D

0 Upvotes