CRM

probinsonsd02

Individual Deals Cross Contamination, and Email Integration

SOLVE

We have a problem where there are single client accounts in which we will do business with separate and distinct departments, each with their own unique deals. We are finding that when turning on the email integration and Hubspot begins to process the various information, attachments and email conversations from various deals are being comingled with each other.

Stated another way. If we have 10 deals with a single customer, and have email chatter and attachments with Deal 1, Hubspot is attaching Deal 1 information with the other Deals 2-10 which aren't related at all.

Hubspot support says this is a default setup and cannot be removed, huge problem because different sales reps see deal information that has nothing at all to do with their individual book of business.

Please share thoughts on how what work arounds or other configurations may be possbile.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
StefaniUAT
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hello,

Although HubSpot does not have a defined solution so far, I have come across a familiar issue and found a reasonable workaround. Email tracking is great, yet can cross-pollinate some of the communication and make it hard to find relevant communication. The solution I used is:

1. Create a deal pipeline for each department

2. Create deals in those pipelines for each department

3. Create a list with Pipeline is any of XYZ and Activity Property > Email Body contains any of XYZ Employees. This way you can create a list with a certain department's employees and assign tasks, enroll in a workflow for emails, etc. 

(All emails should have a designated sender or signature to filter)

Another solution is to have each department email directly through the Email option on the deal itself. I tested this on my account, and if I emailed via Deal 1 it only showed up on Deal 1. This is where the lists stated above help for creating follow up tasks.

HubSpot also now has a feature for multiple users. This way you can assign a contact owner, sales rep owner, billing owner, etc. This will help with the personalized tokens in Sales and Email templates, as well as narrowing down filters.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or this does not prove to be a workaround for your situation.

Best,
Stefani Johnson
Defect and Database Administrator
University of Advancing Technology
uat.edu I Earn Tech Respect

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
StefaniUAT
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hello,

Although HubSpot does not have a defined solution so far, I have come across a familiar issue and found a reasonable workaround. Email tracking is great, yet can cross-pollinate some of the communication and make it hard to find relevant communication. The solution I used is:

1. Create a deal pipeline for each department

2. Create deals in those pipelines for each department

3. Create a list with Pipeline is any of XYZ and Activity Property > Email Body contains any of XYZ Employees. This way you can create a list with a certain department's employees and assign tasks, enroll in a workflow for emails, etc. 

(All emails should have a designated sender or signature to filter)

Another solution is to have each department email directly through the Email option on the deal itself. I tested this on my account, and if I emailed via Deal 1 it only showed up on Deal 1. This is where the lists stated above help for creating follow up tasks.

HubSpot also now has a feature for multiple users. This way you can assign a contact owner, sales rep owner, billing owner, etc. This will help with the personalized tokens in Sales and Email templates, as well as narrowing down filters.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or this does not prove to be a workaround for your situation.

Best,
Stefani Johnson
Defect and Database Administrator
University of Advancing Technology
uat.edu I Earn Tech Respect