Incorrect Deal Create Date due to Monday.com Integration

RFI1

Hi everyone,

Today I added "create date" as a column to my deal screen so that I could sort my deals accordingly. The strange thing is I noticed that a number of deals had obviously incorrect "create dates" that were set to future dates in 2020. 

After digging a little, I think I have determined the source of the error. My funnel is integrated with Monday.com and it is pulling dates from Monday.com and dumping them into this field. The strange thing is that I did not map these two fields together and they contain dates that refer to different events.

Anyone else every see this happen?

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
Jolansche

We are also having some deal Create Dates not automatically populating with the current date - in fact, they end up being random, far in the future dates, and are occasionally farther in the future than the Close Date (which is of course impossible).

We are not using Monday.com - according to HubSpot, these date changes are being done by our Sales Representatives who swear they never touch the property and are just as surprised as I was.

I do not believe there are any validations in place to ensure that this doesn't happen. I was given the suggestion to lock the property to prevent them from accidentally clicking and changing the create date when they create the deal using this: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/account/restrict-edit-access-for-properties

That being said, I think they should have some sort of validation in place and am have submitted for an improvement/bug fix: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Deal-Create-Date-gt-Close-Date-Validation/idi-p/40299... 

ClaireMarr

same wierd situation here, do you have any reason why this is such? Im not so familiar with "funnel"

create date set in the futurecreate date set in the futurecreate date should be 20/2 but got changed to the futurecreate date should be 20/2 but got changed to the future

0 Upvotes
RFI1

By "funnel" I just mean the screen that displays my Hubspot "deals" as a table of information.

It seems that when you use the standard integration tool from Monday.com, it makes some assumptions about which fields in Hubspot you want to sych with which fields in Monday.com. Unfortunately you don't have any real choice to select what gets mapped where. The weird thing is that the fields that are matched in my case really don't share a similar field name, so it's strange that they are automatically assumed to be matching data fields.

To resolve this I went back into Hubspot and changed the dates accordingly...

0 Upvotes
ClaireMarr

Were thinking that this is a glitch in HUB as we have not integrated any other app into our HUB as you did. Are there any similar case out there, so we could compare notes? 

0 Upvotes