Incorrect Autofilled Data Insights for Company Properties

Occasional Contributor

About the data that is automatically filled in at Company Properties. It is incorrect for a big part. 

The "unique database" is not very unique as Datanyze uses the exact same data and that data is incorrect, at least when you're not situated in the US.

We're located in the Netherlands, in Europe, and we focus on enterprises. About 30% of those enterprises are from US origin but have major European offices. Unfortunately the HubSpot database autofills the US company data.

That means that at least country data and phone numbers are incorrect. I have two options and both aren't winners.

1.) When I upload contacts and I enable HubSpot to create companies to attach the contacts the information filled in automatically will interfere with my segmentation, like on country. 

2.) If I upload contacts without enabling HubSpot to create companies with my Contacts I have a lot of "free floating" contacts that are not relatable to any company.

Either way, I lose.

How can I  disable the autofilling of the company data but still get Companies created with my Accounts?

6 Replies 6
HubSpot Moderator

Hi @Nolte At this time, company enrichment based on email address is an on or off proposition. You can disable company/contact association by following the steps here, but in doing so, you will have free-standing contacts within your database. 

Thank you,

Ed 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Hi @edjusten,

Thanks. I'm aware that by disabling the contact/company association will prevent the data from being entered and I'm also aware that I will have free-standing contacts within my database.  Therefor it is not a solution but exchanging one problem for another.

There is no reason why contact/company association should be intertwined with the Insights Database. It's a fundamental flaw and it should be solved. I want to decide how I manage my data instead of HubSpot dictating me how to. 

Best,

Nolte

Occasional Contributor

Hi @edjusten, company enrichment has to become immediately a function that one can switch off. We have over 80% failor rate with german addresses. It costs us unnecessary money for solving wrong addresses. 

Best,

Hermann

Regular Contributor

Might get a better response if we work together to build interest in the "HubSpot" idea group on this request:

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Option-to-turn-off-HubSpot-Insights-on-company-record...

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Late to the game here and while this won't help with disabling the feature, there is a way to make the data much more accurate for your specefic data set.  I would recommend looking at ReachForce as a way to enrich this data rather than using the HS functionality which is super limited.  For those with a global focus, you get access to full hierarchy which includes those non-US site details. Should give you a lot more flexbiility with data. 

https://www.hubspot.com/integrations/reachforce

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

I had the same issues with my company´s data here in Austria. The solution to just switch it off is no solution at all. As for now HubSpot cannot offer me any trouble solving solution so I deleted my account and switched to another CRM.

0 Upvotes