Incomplete Records Created - Automatically Create Contacts/Companies

Occasional Contributor

Hi there- 

We are having some issues with incomplete contact and company records that are automatically created via email. Most of the contacts/companies that are created in our database wind up incomplete or incorrect. Has anyone found a way to address this? 

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
Regular Contributor

I'm also having the challenge.

I used zapier to send contact data from typeform to crm but the phone number and LinkedIn Id don't populate. 

Rather than creating another thread, please can someone help us understand why this is happening and how to change that.

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @Ifeoma and @sskurdah

Can you please send along examples of what information you are seeing that is out of date or incorrect so that I can advise on my end.

Thank you,

Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I'm running into a similar issue (we recently implemented the tracking and log to CRM functions). Thought I'd add on - although if this needs to be a new thread - let me know.

I'm running into issues where contacts are being created in the CRM that we don't want there.

Examples:

1. Someone forgets to turn off "Log to CRM" when sending a personal email (I'm going to have words on that - but not very hopeful that they'll remember to uncheck that box). Now their personal contacts are cluttering up our CRM and getting our marketing emails.

2. There are people who are added on emails who are not necessarily contacts appropriate for our marketing lists (it looks like it is creating contacts for people who are cc'd on emails).

3. Sales guy emails a different email address, and now I have a gazillion duplicates...

I'm not sure I can catch all of these as they come in. Is there a setting somewhere where I can set the integration to only log to CRM if the contact already exists?

If there isn't - this would be a useful feature.

Regular Contributor

A new wonderful aspect I discovered this morning. Everytime someone sends an email with a typo in the email address I've now got a duplicate. Run across multiple duplicate contacts from this...

Some sort of setting that allows us to control whether log to CRM will log if a contact doesn't already exist would be very useful.

0 Upvotes