Incomplete G Suite contact and company import

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi

I use the Google Suite for my daily business. At the moment I have in Google Contacts 1290 contacts.

To set the CRM up, I used the import function to import all Gmail Contacts. My challenges are:

1. In the Hubspot CRM I have now only 327 companies and 695 contacts. Where is the rest?

2. The imported contacts do not contain any phone numbers.

How do I have to import my contacts from G Suite to ensure, that all information is imported?

Thanks!

Kind regards, Michael

0 Upvotes
8 Replies 8
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your tips. I did that and my challenges are:

1. In the Hubspot CRM I have now only 327 companies and 695 contacts. Where is the rest? (in Google Contacts I have 1290 contacts)

2. The imported contacts do not contain any phone numbers.

Kind regards

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @Michael8,

This functionality is available native within HubSpot and does not require a 3rd party service. 

Please refer to this HubSpot documentation regarding how to complete this process.

In regards to the contacts who were not imported, have you tried running the import again to see if this pulls in the contacts who did not originally come through? 

The more information, screenshots and details you can provide the better the Community can assist.

Thank you,
Jenny

We are excited to announce that the Community will be launching a weekly newsletter on November 2, 2020!
0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi @jennysowyrda 

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes, I used the build in functionality. I tried it several times. But I still don't have the following numbers:

Google Contact: 1291

Hubspot Companies: 331

Hubspot Contacts: 701

Screenshot 2019-02-12 14.15.30.png

Any ideas why so many are missing?

Kind regards

Michael

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @Michael8,

Sorry for the delay in responding; I wanted to ensure I had proper next steps to share with you. 

In regards to looking at the import, there should be an error file for any contacts that were not successfully imported. This could be due to wrongly formatted emails, duplicate emails, or other factors. 

If you have issues going forward, however, this feature of importing Gmail contacts is being handled by an integration partner, Import2 Wizard. Click here for a full explanation of this integration. @JanaB is a resource on the Community from Import2. 

Thanks,
Jenny

We are excited to announce that the Community will be launching a weekly newsletter on November 2, 2020!
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi @jennysowyrda 

Thanks for your message. Where can I download the error file?

Screenshot 2019-03-06 17.54.27.png

I am still struggling with the Gmail import. The telephone number is still not imported.

Update: I set up Zappier to update the contact in Hubspot if they change in Google Contacts. Zappier recognise when I change a contact but it does not update the Hubspot contact (Name, phone number...). 

At the moment I have no way so successfully synch my Google accounts with Hubspot. Help!

Thanks

Michael

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @Michael8,

Thank you for the update!

There are full instructions here for how to find and download an error file: 

on the import row with the errors, click the More dropdown menu and select Download error file. The downloaded file will show the rows and their errors. Some common errors are: Header and row sizes don't match and Cannot parse property. Learn more about resolving contact import errors.

Additionally, I wanted to share this resource which discusses import errors.

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi @jennysowyrda 

Thanks for your message. I don't have the "More" button, only a "Kontakte anzeigen" ("show contacts") button.

Screenshot 2019-03-06 17.54.27.png

Why is the "More" button missing?

Kind regards,

Michael

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @Michael8,

After investigating this further, because the import is from Gmail, it will not include the error file for download. The best option going forward for getting the contacts into your portal will be the integration. 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes