CRM

ZSinger
Contributor

Including Specific Association Labels in a Table View

SOLVE

I create standard table views in order to provide specific departments at my organization with the most critical information.  I am curious if I am able to add contacts with specific Contact Association Labels to a table in a row with their associated deal or company.

I would like to be able to have a list of Companies or deals, some key demographic data points and then specific points of contact. For Example I have created a "Billing Point of Contact" Association Label. 

I would like to include this contact in a table view for my finance team. Right now, I can only include all associated contacts. Am I missing something? Or is this a feature request?

It would be VERY HELPFUL! I know you are able to create buying roles and do something similar in Target Accounts, but would prefer to do this on Deals and be able to organize associated contacts vs. just showing all the associations. 

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ZSinger,

You're correct, at this point it's not possible to display association labels on the contact index page (Menu > Contacts > Contacts). You could indeed request this from product team here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/idb-p/HubSpot_Ideas

There is already a related request here which you could upvote: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Filter-by-Association-Label/idi-p/606067

Until then, there are two workarounds. With a Professional subscription, you can create custom table reports, mimicking the contact index page. When you create a custom report, in the top left corner, you can specify associations and pre-filter your report:

karstenkoehler_0-1662490517601.png

Alternatively, using company-based workflows, you could populate a contact property from an association label by setting a contact property value. It's a bit redundant but would work.

Let me know if you need assistance with these approaches.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ZSinger,

You're correct, at this point it's not possible to display association labels on the contact index page (Menu > Contacts > Contacts). You could indeed request this from product team here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/idb-p/HubSpot_Ideas

There is already a related request here which you could upvote: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Filter-by-Association-Label/idi-p/606067

Until then, there are two workarounds. With a Professional subscription, you can create custom table reports, mimicking the contact index page. When you create a custom report, in the top left corner, you can specify associations and pre-filter your report:

karstenkoehler_0-1662490517601.png

Alternatively, using company-based workflows, you could populate a contact property from an association label by setting a contact property value. It's a bit redundant but would work.

Let me know if you need assistance with these approaches.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

ZSinger
Contributor

SOLVE
Hello!

Thank you for your response. I am attempting to mimic the contact index
page as you suggested, but I do not see any where to specify the
association label as a filter or as a property to include in the report. I
only see "associated deals/companies" on a contact based report and the
following on a deal based report.

[image: Screen Shot 2022-09-07 at 10.29.40 AM.png]

How would I go about specifying specific contact associations in a report?

Thanks,
Zac
0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ZSinger,

My apologies, I missed this post. Unfortunately, your screenshot does not render, can you share again?

Have you set up association labels yet? https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/create-and-use-association-labels

Are you looking at the custom report builder? (Menu > Reports > Reports > Create report > Custom Report Builder)

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

ZSinger
Contributor

SOLVE

Karsten, 

Thanks for the reply. I am looking in both the list builder and custom report builder but do not see a place to filter by association labels or to differentiate between 'primary' association vs. 'any' association > 'with label' in the filters.

I have set up association labels between contacts and companies. What am I missing?

Thanks, 

Zac

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ZSinger,

Can you please share a screenshot of the custom report builder starting screen?

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
ZSinger
Contributor

SOLVE

Screen Shot 2022-10-13 at 8.43.22 AM.png

Ok I now see the 'customize associations' tab in the upper left. Once I select this and select the association label I am looking for will it automatically act as a filter and include only contacts/companies with that association label?

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ZSinger,

Correct, this is not documented but as far as I know, that's how it's designed to behave and that's what it's doing when I test it.

Glad you have this option in your portal and the search is over!

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler