CRM

AllyRRS
Contributor

Inbox / email integration woes

SOLVE

Hi

After realising that I could actually connect my inbox (I'm with IONOS) I did that yesterday. There are a number of things I don't really understand and I scouring the knowledge base and youtube and still can't find answers to everything. 

I have the following issues / queries, and would be so grateful if anyone can help please.

1. I'd set up a few emails to start with in the NEVER LOG option, but these are still going through. 
  2. I thought that Blocking from Hubspot would help and tried this with those and new ones but none of those are being added to the NEVER LOG list. What does blocking from within the app itself do? 
  3. I have been given 2 forwarding addresses - one with a numberxxxxxx@forward.hubspot.com (under the log and track section) and the other is hello-1@redrocketstudio.hubspot-inbox.com(under the Team Emails). I initially input the former but when the latter came up I put that in. Which one should I use? 
  4. We're a 2-man biz although later may have a team - did I do this wrong and should it be just the one above that "Connect an Inbox"?
  5. I really only want our clients going through - so new enquiries and related emails - is there a simpler way of doing this than just blocking all the other stuff through. 
  6. In order to get some of the most recent emails that have come through that I wanted to track I hit reply (in my email client) and just sent to the BCC but they didn't come through. So I tried sending to myself with the BCC as the forward which came through but obviously it wants to set me up as a contact - I thought there might be a workaround but couldn't see. Is there a way around this? 
  7. A new enquiry came through which is great and it's gone through to Hubspot, again fab - but it says "tracking data is not available for this email" - not fab! I haven't turned anything off consciously. What's happened here?
  8. For a regular sender, but one I don't want going through to Hubspot, I've just started getting lots of Mail Delivery System emails saying it can't send to the hello-1 email - why is this? These are from a sender I don't actually want going through anyway.
  9. As I'm currently the only user, is there a way of automatically assigning everything to me as it comes through?
  10. Emails that had come through that I don't want, I've deleted (in Hubspot) but they're now showing in my inbox as Unknown Visitor. How can I get rid of them please/

I realise there's a lot here, but any help is really appreciated.

I've attached a few screenshots. 

Many thanks

Ally

Screenshot 2020-06-09 at 15.24.03.pngScreenshot 2020-06-09 at 15.21.41.pngScreenshot 2020-06-09 at 11.48.52.png

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
AdamLPW
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@AllyRRS wrote:

Hi

After realising that I could actually connect my inbox (I'm with IONOS) I did that yesterday. There are a number of things I don't really understand and I scouring the knowledge base and youtube and still can't find answers to everything. 

I have the following issues / queries, and would be so grateful if anyone can help please.

1. I'd set up a few emails to start with in the NEVER LOG option, but these are still going through. 
  2. I thought that Blocking from Hubspot would help and tried this with those and new ones but none of those are being added to the NEVER LOG list. What does blocking from within the app itself do? 
  3. I have been given 2 forwarding addresses - one with a numberxxxxxx@forward.hubspot.com (under the log and track section) and the other is hello-1@redrocketstudio.hubspot-inbox.com(under the Team Emails). I initially input the former but when the latter came up I put that in. Which one should I use? 
  4. We're a 2-man biz although later may have a team - did I do this wrong and should it be just the one above that "Connect an Inbox"?
  5. I really only want our clients going through - so new enquiries and related emails - is there a simpler way of doing this than just blocking all the other stuff through. 
  6. In order to get some of the most recent emails that have come through that I wanted to track I hit reply (in my email client) and just sent to the BCC but they didn't come through. So I tried sending to myself with the BCC as the forward which came through but obviously it wants to set me up as a contact - I thought there might be a workaround but couldn't see. Is there a way around this? 
  7. A new enquiry came through which is great and it's gone through to Hubspot, again fab - but it says "tracking data is not available for this email" - not fab! I haven't turned anything off consciously. What's happened here?
  8. For a regular sender, but one I don't want going through to Hubspot, I've just started getting lots of Mail Delivery System emails saying it can't send to the hello-1 email - why is this? These are from a sender I don't actually want going through anyway.
  9. As I'm currently the only user, is there a way of automatically assigning everything to me as it comes through?
  10. Emails that had come through that I don't want, I've deleted (in Hubspot) but they're now showing in my inbox as Unknown Visitor. How can I get rid of them please/

Hi @AllyRRS,

Yes, there is a lot here!

1 - when you say emails are still "going through", what do you mean by this?You can still SEND emails to people on your Never Log list, they just won't be logged against records:

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/settings/add-emails-and-domains-to-the-never-log-list "Emails sent from a connected inbox with the HubSpot Sales extension to addresses or domains on this list will not create a new contact record, record email tracking activity on the contact's timeline, or be logged to the record"

2 - I'm not familiar with Blocking.  When I don't want users to receive emails I use the "Opt out of email" option - https://knowledge.hubspot.com/contacts/how-do-i-unsubscribe-or-opt-out-contacts-from-email

3 - I don't use the Team Emails option, I use the Personal Emails option and link to my personal emails.  I'm not sure you need this - if it's only you and one colleague do you need to "apply routing and automation to help your team work faster"?  Try setting up your own email account as a personal email account? This may work better for you - https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email-tracking/connect-your-inbox-to-hubspot

4 - Yeah, I think that's the better option!  We have around 15 staff and I use the personal email option.  When sending (e.g. mailshots) I use a generic email address, but the mailbox I have linked to my HubSpot account is my personal one.

5 - Sadly not.  At least I don't think so.  Remember emails received from contacts that don't already exist in HubSpot won't be logged in HubSpot, only emails SENT to new contacts.  This means that it's only a problem if you're regularly sending emails to new contacts you don't want to be added to HubSpot.  I tend to find that while I regularly receive emails from people I don't want adding to HubSpot I only regularly SEND to a handful of people, and rarely new people I don't want to log. 

6. There are two separate email addresses to use: a "forward" and a "bcc" email.  The BCC will be logged against whoever the "to" addressee on the email is, which is what you're seeing here.  You'll need to use the "forward" email address instead.  You can read more about the use of these here - https://knowledge.hubspot.com/settings/log-email-in-your-crm-with-the-bcc-or-forwarding-address

If you're forwarding a message you just need to send a copy to your hub's forwarding email address, i.e. XXXXXXX@forward.hubspot.com (not @BCC.hubspot.com).

7 - This message just means that, for some reason, you can't see whether your email has been read/opened, etc.   This may be due to the recipient's email client (https://knowledge.hubspot.com/settings/log-email-in-your-crm-with-the-bcc-or-forwarding-address) If you're getting this a lot then you should contact Support.

8 - I think this is down to your team email setup.  Linking with your personal email should hopefully fix, but post again here if not.  

9 - Yes, link your personal email address!  I get all form queries, website queries, and direct mail queries that come through to my company.  

10 - When you say "inbox", do you mean your email inbox?  Happy to help, if you could clarify.

Phew, think that's everything!!!

Hope this helps

Adam

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"

View solution in original post

AdamLPW
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi Ally,

No problem at all, happy to help...

When I say "personal" email, that's as opposed to a "team" email, NOT your personal email address.  i.e. I have my company email address "adam@mycompany.com" and team email addresses I use include "sales@mycompany.com", etc.

I don't use Inbox in Hubspot.  I believe it's for internal communication with your sales team, but as I'm the primary HS user at my company it's unnecessary for my purposes (and probably yours as well, by the sounds of it!

I think the crux of this issue is your having configured your team email.  Remove that and enter your "personal" i.e. work email there as a first step.  

On points 1 & 2, as above, nothing appears in my HubSpot inbox.  I'd like to think, if you take the above step, nothing will appear in yours.  Not having user Inbox, I can't promise this!

4 (&3!) as above... yes, I'd delete this integration.  I'm not sure how much work unpicking what you have in Inbox and elsewhere will be, but I've found HS support to be EXCELLENT with these things in the past.  If they can't do it for you, they'll tell you how to do it yourself. 

5 & 6 - again, I think these are issues arising from the Team email use...

Significantly less helpful than my previous post (!), but I think you need to get the email integration set up as "personal" and see where that leaves you.  There will be some tidying up to do, but support and/or the community will be able to help with that!

Smiley Very Happy

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
AGru

SOLVE

I can not connect with IONOS either.

Is there a description of how to do it.

I get "NOT AUTHORIZED"

0 Upvotes
DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @AGru thank you for reaching out.

Could you please provide more details about this behavior?

Screenshot are highly recommended to be able to understand the root cause and find a proper solution 🙂

Best, 

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

AdamLPW
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@AllyRRS wrote:

Hi

Hi @AllyRRS,

Yes, there is a lot here!

1 - when you say emails are still "going through", what do you mean by this?You can still SEND emails to people on your Never Log list, they just won't be logged against records:

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/settings/add-emails-and-domains-to-the-never-log-list "Emails sent from a connected inbox with the HubSpot Sales extension to addresses or domains on this list will not create a new contact record, record email tracking activity on the contact's timeline, or be logged to the record"

2 - I'm not familiar with Blocking.  When I don't want users to receive emails I use the "Opt out of email" option - https://knowledge.hubspot.com/contacts/how-do-i-unsubscribe-or-opt-out-contacts-from-email

3 - I don't use the Team Emails option, I use the Personal Emails option and link to my personal emails.  I'm not sure you need this - if it's only you and one colleague do you need to "apply routing and automation to help your team work faster"?  Try setting up your own email account as a personal email account? This may work better for you - https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email-tracking/connect-your-inbox-to-hubspot

4 - Yeah, I think that's the better option!  We have around 15 staff and I use the personal email option.  When sending (e.g. mailshots) I use a generic email address, but the mailbox I have linked to my HubSpot account is my personal one.

5 - Sadly not.  At least I don't think so.  Remember emails received from contacts that don't already exist in HubSpot won't be logged in HubSpot, only emails SENT to new contacts.  This means that it's only a problem if you're regularly sending emails to new contacts you don't want to be added to HubSpot.  I tend to find that while I regularly receive emails from people I don't want adding to HubSpot I only regularly SEND to a handful of people, and rarely new people I don't want to log. 

6. There are two separate email addresses to use: a "forward" and a "bcc" email.  The BCC will be logged against whoever the "to" addressee on the email is, which is what you're seeing here.  You'll need to use the "forward" email address instead.  You can read more about the use of these here - https://knowledge.hubspot.com/settings/log-email-in-your-crm-with-the-bcc-or-forwarding-address

If you're forwarding a message you just need to send a copy to your hub's forwarding email address, i.e. XXXXXXX@forward.hubspot.com (not @BCC.hubspot.com).

7 - This message just means that, for some reason, you can't see whether your email has been read/opened, etc.   This may be due to the recipient's email client (https://knowledge.hubspot.com/settings/log-email-in-your-crm-with-the-bcc-or-forwarding-address) If you're getting this a lot then you should contact Support.

8 - I think this is down to your team email setup.  Linking with your personal email should hopefully fix, but post again here if not.  

9 - Yes, link your personal email address!  I get all form queries, website queries, and direct mail queries that come through to my company.  

10 - When you say "inbox", do you mean your email inbox?  Happy to help, if you could clarify.

Phew, think that's everything!!!

Hope this helps

Adam

AllyRRS
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi Adam

Thanks so much for taking the time to go through all this. Please see my responses in blue.

Cheers

Ally

1 - when you say emails are still "going through", what do you mean by this? You can still SEND emails to people on your Never Log list, they just won't be logged against records

I don't actually want them to go into the Inbox (in Hubspot) - I only want our enquiries and customers that I need to track to go through. Any other emails, I don't want in Hubspot at all.

Thanks but unfortunately this isn't quite it as this is looking at contacts who are already there - I don't want the emails to actually come through to the Hubspot Inbox in the first place. I only want our enquiries and customers to come through and I'm only going to save our customers and enquiries, so I'm building up a list of people to block list.

I don't need to connect my personal email - I'm using Hubspot purely for business tracking. But I didn't understand why there were different forwarding emails. On the Emails Integration page in settings, on one tab (Connected Emails) it's got one forwarding address for routing and automting, but when you go to Log and Track it's got a different one and the other one for outgoing.

Okay - I'm still unsure why I might need to connect my personal email. I have a gmail account that's absolutely nothing to do with business. I have my RedRocket email address in my name, which is the one that I've connected as part of the teams. This is as such a "personal" email but still a business. Maybe I'm just getting confused as to what Hubspot mean by a personal email. Perhaps I'll delete the integration with my email address and add it as a "personal" one.

But I've got every email that's going through to my Inbox (in my email and into Hubspot), being set up as a new contact automatically in Hubspot, even those I've set up in the NEVER LOG list. Is something going wrong then if you say Hubspot shouldn't be adding new contacts?

Yes, I've got this set up and it seems to be working, but I'm confused as to why I've got 2 - as per no 3 above, (one under "log and track" and the other under "connected emails".)

Cool thank you. 🙂

Thanks - I'm going to try my busines "personal" email.

Ah great - thank you.

Sorry, yes in my hubspot inbox (attached a screenshot).Screenshot 2020-06-16 at 11.19.00.png

0 Upvotes
AdamLPW
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi Ally,

No problem at all, happy to help...

When I say "personal" email, that's as opposed to a "team" email, NOT your personal email address.  i.e. I have my company email address "adam@mycompany.com" and team email addresses I use include "sales@mycompany.com", etc.

I don't use Inbox in Hubspot.  I believe it's for internal communication with your sales team, but as I'm the primary HS user at my company it's unnecessary for my purposes (and probably yours as well, by the sounds of it!

I think the crux of this issue is your having configured your team email.  Remove that and enter your "personal" i.e. work email there as a first step.  

On points 1 & 2, as above, nothing appears in my HubSpot inbox.  I'd like to think, if you take the above step, nothing will appear in yours.  Not having user Inbox, I can't promise this!

4 (&3!) as above... yes, I'd delete this integration.  I'm not sure how much work unpicking what you have in Inbox and elsewhere will be, but I've found HS support to be EXCELLENT with these things in the past.  If they can't do it for you, they'll tell you how to do it yourself. 

5 & 6 - again, I think these are issues arising from the Team email use...

Significantly less helpful than my previous post (!), but I think you need to get the email integration set up as "personal" and see where that leaves you.  There will be some tidying up to do, but support and/or the community will be able to help with that!

Smiley Very Happy

AllyRRS
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks again Adam - you've been fab. 🙂

AllyRRS
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks so much for replying - I'll go through all of this and come back with queries etc. 🙂

0 Upvotes
AllyRRS
Contributor

SOLVE

Is anyone able to help at all please? Do I need to break it down into separate posts. I'm really stuck.

Thank you.

0 Upvotes