CRM

OscarRomero
Participante

In-app notification lenght

resolver

Hello community!

I've created a workflow that triggers an in-app notification to my team when a lead has filled out a form and all I get are these "error" notifications.

I don't get any warning that the body length is too long or anything...

This example below is from one of the body texts and I do still have 39 characters left.

Has something similar happened to anyone before and who wants to share any solution?

All the best,

/O

Skärmavbild 2022-04-04 kl. 13.49.54.png

Skärmavbild 2022-04-04 kl. 13.45.53.png

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
ajubete
Solución
Colaborador líder | Partner nivel Platinum

resolver

Hey @OscarRomero,

It sounds like there is a limit of 150 characters in the notification body. According to the screenshot you are using personalization tokens to populate the body of the notification and I'd say all of those notifications exceed the 150 character limit. 

You can test it out by enrolling a test object to make sure that's the issue here. You can use a test form submission with the following information:

• First name: Test
  • Company name: Test

That way you will determine whether that's the root cause of the issue as the information populated via personalization token won't exceed 150 characters.

Please bear in mind that personalization tokens serve info dynamically so a long input in the Message field could cause this error.

Could you please check it out and let us know how it goes?

Best regards,

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

0 Me gusta
3 Respuestas 3
ajubete
Solución

resolver

Hey @OscarRomero,

It sounds like there is a limit of 150 characters in the notification body. According to the screenshot you are using personalization tokens to populate the body of the notification and I'd say all of those notifications exceed the 150 character limit. 

You can test it out by enrolling a test object to make sure that's the issue here. You can use a test form submission with the following information:

• First name: Test
  • Company name: Test

That way you will determine whether that's the root cause of the issue as the information populated via personalization token won't exceed 150 characters.

Please bear in mind that personalization tokens serve info dynamically so a long input in the Message field could cause this error.

Could you please check it out and let us know how it goes?

Best regards,

0 Me gusta
OscarRomero
Participante

resolver

Hola Àlvaro!

I was thinking the same and that seems logical after all. I'm thinking of creating two separate in-app notification triggers, one with the First Name & Company name token.

The second notification with the Message token. 

That should work, right? It's 150 characters/trigger

I'll also try your suggestion. Thanks for you help!

All the best,

/Oscar.R

0 Me gusta
ajubete

resolver

Hey Oscar:

Yes, it should work although you can also consider the option Send internal email notification in order to send just one communication to your team after form submissions. That way you will be able to keep all the relevant information in one notification and get around the 150 character limitation.

Best,

0 Me gusta