CRM

miavelasco
Contributor

Importing data into existing custom events

My org has a lot of data to backfill into Custom Events. However, based on this article it seems that the only way to import data to custom events is by creating a new event. Is this correct? Is there any way to import data into an existing custom event?

2 Replies 2
BérangèreL
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @miavelasco,

Thank you for asking the Community!

I checked for you and I can see on the article you mentioned "Import event data" that columns in your spreadsheet can be mapped to either contact properties or event properties. Click the Import as dropdown menu to select how to import the data in the file. Then, select the HubSpot property to map it to. You can map it to an existing property or create a new property.

I also wanted to invite a couple of subject matter experts to this conversation: Hi @GeorgeBThomas, @Crystal_Hopper and @Josh do you have suggestions to help @miavelasco, please?

If anybody else has anything to add and/or share, please feel free to join in the conversation 🙂

Thanks a lot and have a wonderful day!

Best,
Bérangère

Saviez-vous que la Communauté est disponible en Français ?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings!

0 Upvotes
miavelasco
Contributor

Hi @BérangèreL ,

This doesn't quite answer my question. I'm wondering if it's possible to import data into an existing custom event. The article only provides instructions for creating a new custom event during an import. There doesn't seem to be a way to backfill data into an existing custom event once it has been created.

If you or anyone else have more to add here, I'd appreciate it. 

0 Upvotes