CRM

PVetrano
Membre

Importing data for an existing company and data field

Résolue

Is it possible to import a list to update existing data?

We have a list of 400+ companies in which their "Status" field is left blank.  We need to update this field to either "Active" or "Termed" and wanted to see if this was possible to be done via import instead of manually.  We do not want an import to override any current data but simply update one field.

0 Votes
1 Solution acceptée
karstenkoehler
Solution
Au panthéon de la communauté | Partenaire solutions

Résolue

Hi @PVetrano,

Yes, that's possible. When you import companies, HubSpot will either deduplicate by the Company domain name (which would have to be included as a column) or the Record ID, see here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/deduplication-of-contacts-companies-deals-tickets#automatic-...

(If you don't have either, HubSpot would create a new company record.)

The Record ID can be found by exporting the companies from HubSpot. An export will always include the Record ID which you can then use during the re-import.

If you don't want any other field that Status to be updated, simply make sure that the import file only includes two columns: Record ID or Company domain name and the Status. If it includes more columns, you can deselect during the import process.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

1 Réponse
karstenkoehler
Solution

Résolue

Hi @PVetrano,

Yes, that's possible. When you import companies, HubSpot will either deduplicate by the Company domain name (which would have to be included as a column) or the Record ID, see here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/deduplication-of-contacts-companies-deals-tickets#automatic-...

(If you don't have either, HubSpot would create a new company record.)

The Record ID can be found by exporting the companies from HubSpot. An export will always include the Record ID which you can then use during the re-import.

If you don't want any other field that Status to be updated, simply make sure that the import file only includes two columns: Record ID or Company domain name and the Status. If it includes more columns, you can deselect during the import process.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.