Importing contacts + profile image

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Hi again

Another thing I've noticed about Hubspot is when I import a contact the contacts profile image is not imported usually.  Sometimes it is sometimes it isn't.

On a competitors CRM it pulled in a lot more profile pic automatically successfully.  I'm assuming this is because it searches social media websites for the matching email address, if email address matches then import profile picture.  The competitor CRM even fills in automatically the links to these social media accounts.

With HubSpot CRM I have to go and google the accounts and then add them myself manually and even then the profile image doesn't update.  So I have to right click on the image, open it in a new tab, copy the URL for the image, then past it into HubSpot CRM, then save and then finally their image is showing. 

For me it's these small things which make a big difference in the choice I will make.  I'm close to choosing HubSpot CRM but these small difference just make me hestitant to committing just yet.  Hence I'll keep playing with both CRMS for another few days.

If you guys could either integrate these features of automatically pulling in matching Social Media accounts URLs and Images that would be sooo good.

Tks

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
Community Manager

Hi @simonquin5, thanks for your thorough and thoughtful question. I suspect you anticipated my response to this, as you have already submitted an idea for this very question!

Indeed, though this is currently expected behavior (social media profiles and pictures are only collected by the system on certain occasions instead of by default), I completely agree that such a feature would be extremely beneficial to our customers. The ability to pull in this type of information automatically would be a great addition to the tool, and your detailed explanation in your Idea post is exactly the type of information that the Product team wants when considering the development of a new feature. 

Thanks again for the contribution, and have a great day. -May

Regular Contributor

unnamed.png

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

@moonwebstrategy thank you

It would be easier for your Product Team to actually use the CRM in question with a brand new trial account of both Hubspot CRM and your competitors and try and import contacts via their gmail account and see what data you get from one compared to another.

With teh competitors I was able to almost immediately (like 2 minutes tops) after starting my account with them see... hey... here are a bunch of contacts wtih a bunch of information with all my emails I've sent to them here on file.  I can see who has interacted with me the most and hence who is most likely to be a lead.

Where as with HubSpot... how am I supposed to get my contacts in?  First I have to figure out how to export them via .csv files (which i hate as they're always so messy looking) then... blah... basically a lot of time and effort. 

With the competitor I connected my mail and it says "here is a list of your contacts - click 'add' or 'skip' "
and once they're added a whole heck of a lot more information is there.  

If you try it out you'll see what I mean. Smiley Happy

Yes the idea I've submitted which you linked too was actually in response to another question / query I made.  Both suggestions I made are similar but slightly different topics. I was recommended to submit my idea to the ideas time or what have you.   Here's another idea though.  Say someone does give a good suggestion, then your team says 'submit it to the other team because thats a great idea' but then the user doesn't... then that idea is going nowhere Smiley Happy  Perhaps an idea would be that the team could flag a good idea and then submit the idea themselves if the user doesn't turn after x amount of time Smiley Happy

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor
0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Hi! I was wondering if there was any update on this? I still rarely receive contact images or some easily available public info where many alternatives (cloze.io in particular is very good at this stuff) are able to populate with far more information.

Love the service, just wish it was less manual with easily obtainable info