CRM

simon1z1

Importing and identifying duplicates

SOLVE

Hi There, 

I'm in the process of setting up and configuring Hubspot and I'm having trouble understadning the best way to achieve the following. 

1) Import "Companies" from a NO CONTACT list, these are companies that I'm not allowed to contact in the future. 

2) Import new leads from an Excel sheet, which may contain contacts that work at comapnies on the NO CONTACT list.

3) Easily be able to ideitify if contacts from the new leads list have been assocaited with a NO CONTACT company. These should be identifiable, preferably when using filters to search for groups of contacts. 

Thanks very much for any ideas!

Simon

1 Accepted solution
shearn
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

You can use custom Contact and Company properties to help filter by companies that you have listed as NO CONTACT. Under Contacts -> Contact Settings and Company Properties you can create a new property called 'Contact Status' with a drop down select of CONTACT/NO CONTACT  or 'Contact Eligibility' with a drop down of Yes/No (or whatever suits you). From there you can add that field as a label in any spreadsheet you upload and input the correct status/eligibility from there. 

You can then create filters and lists that have Contact Status is 'equal to' to, 'contains', 'does not contain', 'does not equal' and choose your new property.

For contacts, you can do the same thing, or you can just unsubscribe them from emails, or you can use the Lead Status property and create a new option such as Lost/Do Not Contact/etc.

Hopefully, this helps!

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
shearn
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

You can use custom Contact and Company properties to help filter by companies that you have listed as NO CONTACT. Under Contacts -> Contact Settings and Company Properties you can create a new property called 'Contact Status' with a drop down select of CONTACT/NO CONTACT  or 'Contact Eligibility' with a drop down of Yes/No (or whatever suits you). From there you can add that field as a label in any spreadsheet you upload and input the correct status/eligibility from there. 

You can then create filters and lists that have Contact Status is 'equal to' to, 'contains', 'does not contain', 'does not equal' and choose your new property.

For contacts, you can do the same thing, or you can just unsubscribe them from emails, or you can use the Lead Status property and create a new option such as Lost/Do Not Contact/etc.

Hopefully, this helps!

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.
0 Upvotes
simon1z1

SOLVE

Thanks for coming back to me so soon. I do have one more question regading new contact uploads. 

1) Should I upload an Excel sheet which contains an email addess with the same domain as a company on the 'NO CONTACT' list. What the best way to be able to idetify these contact and give them the 'NO CONTACT' Label also? 

Thanks, 

Simon

0 Upvotes