CRM

CRichards6

Importing File Problem

SOLVE

I am trying to import all my contacts using an excel spreadsheet and I get this error message:

"Some required properties are missing.

To complete your notes import, you need Note body as a HubSpot property. Please review your property mappings below or review the columns in your file."

I have created Notes as a property both under the company activity and contact activity and I am still getting this message.  I don't know how to fix other than to not import the notes related to the contacts, which I really do not want to do as that will take a lot of manual time to input.  
Any ideas on how to fix this or how I can import my notes with the contacts?
0 Upvotes
4 Accepted solutions
OM1
Solution
Participant

Importing File Problem

SOLVE

Notes are an object in Hubspot just like contacts and companies and when importing, require two columns "Activity date" and "Note body". 

Are you trying to import just contacts or importing multiple objects contacts, companies, notes at the same time?

Review the Import Instructions provided by HubSpot for more info. 

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Importing File Problem

SOLVE

Hi @CRichards6,

HubSpot provides some sample import files for reference:

Companies and notes sample spreadsheet: XLSX or CSV

This is what your sheet should look like:

karstenkoehler_0-1625541870538.png

Here are the import steps for your reference:

import-notes.gif

Let me know if you get stuck at any stage! Happy to help.

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
webdew
Solution
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

Importing File Problem

SOLVE

Hi @CRichards6 ,

Before importing any file in HubSpot, be sure that how to import your file is ready to import. 
To import associated companies and notes, make sure that the file contains note body and activity date.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards. 

0 Upvotes
CRichards6
Solution

Importing File Problem

SOLVE

I have done all of this and none of it is working.

0 Upvotes
12 Replies 12
webdew
Solution
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

Importing File Problem

SOLVE

Hi @CRichards6 ,

Before importing any file in HubSpot, be sure that how to import your file is ready to import. 
To import associated companies and notes, make sure that the file contains note body and activity date.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards. 

0 Upvotes
CRichards6
Solution

Importing File Problem

SOLVE

I have done all of this and none of it is working.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Importing File Problem

SOLVE

Hi @CRichards6

You might have some "invisible" data in other columns. Can you select and delete the empty columns to the right? Even if there is just one cell with content somewhere abandoned in the sheet, HubSpot might throw the error.

Another fix would be copying only the the columns and rows that should be imported and pasting them into a new document – thus making sure that you're not copying any "lost" cells.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
CRichards6

Importing File Problem

SOLVE

Thank you.  I did that and it still didn't like it.  Next I tried a smaller set, 100 names vs. 385 and a new spreadsheet and it seemed to take the smaller set.  However, it didn't import all the data and now am having to go through and fill in the missing data.  Not sure what's faster, this or manually inputing all the names.  I have already spent hours trying to get the import to work and I have more spreadsheets to do.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Importing File Problem

SOLVE

Hi @CRichards6,

HubSpot provides some sample import files for reference:

Companies and notes sample spreadsheet: XLSX or CSV

This is what your sheet should look like:

karstenkoehler_0-1625541870538.png

Here are the import steps for your reference:

import-notes.gif

Let me know if you get stuck at any stage! Happy to help.

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
CRichards6

Importing File Problem

SOLVE

I have set up my file like the example and saw those.  I have a header for each of my columns.  I just tried importing and it's telling me that one or more of my columns needs a header.  I have headers for each column with data in it.  So now I am at a complete loss.

0 Upvotes
CRichards6

Importing File Problem

SOLVE

Here's the message I am getting:

"Your import file is missing some headers.

Check your import file and make sure each column with data has a header."

This is not true.  I have a header for each column.
0 Upvotes
OM1
Participant

Importing File Problem

SOLVE

Can you share the excel sheet so we can take a look?

0 Upvotes
CRichards6

Importing File Problem

SOLVE

Sure.  I am not sure how to upload the file here?  I am new to the community.  I am not seeing where to upload or attach the file.

0 Upvotes
OM1
Solution
Participant

Importing File Problem

SOLVE

Notes are an object in Hubspot just like contacts and companies and when importing, require two columns "Activity date" and "Note body". 

Are you trying to import just contacts or importing multiple objects contacts, companies, notes at the same time?

Review the Import Instructions provided by HubSpot for more info. 

0 Upvotes
CRichards6

Importing File Problem

SOLVE

Thank you.  I created a new column in my spreadsheet and labeled it "Activity Date" and changed the label for the notes column to "Note Body".  Now when I try to import the spreadsheet, it tells me that one or more of my columns is missing a header, which is not true.  For the "Activity Date" column, can it be left blank or do I need to have a date in there?

0 Upvotes
CRichards6

Importing File Problem

SOLVE

I deleted the notes and activity date columns to see if it will import.  The spreadsheet is now just company names and contacts.  It still tells me that headers are missing and that is not true.  It read the file before but now won't read it.  

0 Upvotes