CRM

pporosz
Participant

Importing/Exporting Companies & Contacts

SOLVE

Hi,

sorry for my ignorance, I am just planning to get started in HubSpot. I have two crucial questions, regarding exporting/importing Companies/Contacts.

(1) Is there an IMPORT functionality to add Companies and related Contacts to HubSpot? The source may be an XLS sheet or a CSV file. I would need the usual contact data such as email, phone etc. to be imported, along with the names.

(2) Conversely, can I eventually EXPORT Companies and related Contacts, along with their usual data from HubSpot to CSV? This would be essential for campaign integration that I would want to manage outside of the HubSpot box.

I am interested in functionality included in the free package, without additional subscription. If there are limitations, I would like to learn about those, before we embark on HubSpot.

Thank you,

Peter

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Bryantworks
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hey @pporosz 

Welcome to the HubSpot Community!

1 - Yes, you can choose to relate contacts to companies during the import process.  You can read more about that here.

2 - You can do this as well!  This is during the contacts export, you can choose to export their related company field as well.  But to get all company data, you would need to do a different company export.

As for limitations, there are no limits to the free CRM, but you will lose on the ability to create a lot of lists, automations (one of the best features), sequences, and more.  I would highly consider checking out the Starter packages or if you're a Startup, you could apply for a hefty discount here.

Chris Bryant | Your Dedicated HubSpot Expert

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Bryantworks
Solution

SOLVE

Hey @pporosz 

Welcome to the HubSpot Community!

1 - Yes, you can choose to relate contacts to companies during the import process.  You can read more about that here.

2 - You can do this as well!  This is during the contacts export, you can choose to export their related company field as well.  But to get all company data, you would need to do a different company export.

As for limitations, there are no limits to the free CRM, but you will lose on the ability to create a lot of lists, automations (one of the best features), sequences, and more.  I would highly consider checking out the Starter packages or if you're a Startup, you could apply for a hefty discount here.

Chris Bryant | Your Dedicated HubSpot Expert
pporosz
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you for the insightful response.

0 Upvotes