CRM

spotlight_sound
Participant

Importing Deals with Contacts linking to wrong contacts

Hi,

I have already imported my contacts and companies, which seem to be associated together okay.

I now need to import my deals. These are coming from ACT Pro. Some deals have companies but not all, all of the deals have contacts. 

I have tried to import with association the deals and contacts XLSX files, in the deals XLSX I have added 2 columns at the start for First Name and Last Name, to match current contacts in Hubspot. But when I upload the contacts xlsx (already imported) and the deals XLSX it often links the wrong contact to the deal. Some of them are okay but many of them are wrong. 

What am I doing wrong? This is driving me crazy.

Thanks

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
spotlight_sound
Participant

Okay. In answer my own question, yes it duplicated my contacts. 

I did Import > 1 file > multiple objects > contacts and deals

So now 1 contact with 10x deals, I now have 10x versions of the same contact. 

So now is there away to delete all those duplicate contacts? Perhaps by last added so the original contact stays?

To recap. I have companies and contacts is hubspot, linked together all lovely. But I want to add all my current and previous deal history. I can export my deals from ACT with the deal information, the company name and contact all on 1 line.

Thanks

0 Upvotes
spotlight_sound
Participant

Hi Mike, 

No I imported them in seperate spreadsheets using the association so Import => Multiple files with associations

I have already imported all of my contacts though so this was just the same spreadsheet and thn the deal spreadsheet with contact name as the first column.

If I do as you suggest with each row containing contact details and deal details will this duplicate my contacts?

I have over 1000 deals old and new to import from ACT and I can only export with the contact name and company name, I can't export with full contact details. 

Thanks

0 Upvotes
Mike_Eastwood
Key Advisor | Gold Partner
Key Advisor | Gold Partner

Hi @spotlight_sound 

Are you importing Contacts and Deals from the same spreadsheet?

I recommend you have one row (per Deal) with all the Contact Properties and DealProperties. The import:

Import => 1 File => Multiple Objects => Tick Contacts and Deals => Map the fields to the Deal and Contact.

This may be challenging the first few times but it's worth the effort.

Please let me know if this works.

Mike