CRM

benjbland

Importing Company Data with activity timestamps

SOLVE

We are currenlty in the process of evaluating HubSpot CRM to migrate all our data from our own custom built CRM into HubSpot. We have timestamp data for activity records such as calls/notes/meetings with a date, time and information about that particular activity to import. As far as I can see there is no way to map such fields in a .csv file when importing data...? Can someone please advise.

Having reviewed Pipedrive - it appears we can do the above. However, HubSpot is preferred. All help appreciated - including pointing me to a thorough help article - with yes HubSpot can or no HubSpot cant information. 

Cheers 🙂 

1 Accepted solution
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Q: Can we import notes into HubSpot contact records?

Short A: Yes.

Longer A:

Beginning in December, the ability to import notes into HubSpot is now built-in fuctionality.

- see Everything You Need to Know About the New HubSpot Import

14-Dec-2018: HubSpot Import Notes14-Dec-2018: HubSpot Import Notes 

Help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this solution now.

Best,
Frank

Author "Perfect HubSpot" Series

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

MFrankJohnson.com | Connect on LinkedIn

Help find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Q: Can we import notes into HubSpot contact records?

Short A: Yes.

Longer A:

Beginning in December, the ability to import notes into HubSpot is now built-in fuctionality.

- see Everything You Need to Know About the New HubSpot Import

14-Dec-2018: HubSpot Import Notes14-Dec-2018: HubSpot Import Notes 

Help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this solution now.

Best,
Frank

Author "Perfect HubSpot" Series

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

MFrankJohnson.com | Connect on LinkedIn

Help find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
SamSmith

SOLVE

Hey,

There is a possibility to map the fields. Moreover, I've migrated my data that way.

I wanted to transfer the information from an Excel file to HubSpot. But, a half year ago there was no possibility to do it directly. So, our team had to convert the existed file into many CSV files.

Then we transferred the info with the help of automated migration service Data2CRM. I must admit that it was a great choice!

All the process took about one hour. Besides, we could map all the records in a custom way.

0 Upvotes
OLukavetska
Contributor

SOLVE

0 Upvotes
ashley_milne
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hi there!

You are correct, there is no current feature in Hubspot to import engagements (activities, notes, etc.) via CSV file upload. There is a similar question asked here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Sales-Product-Support/Migrating-from-SugarCRM-to-Hubspot/m-p/6777#M...

You can import these records (including the date/timestamps) by using Hubspot's API, rather than CSV files. If you do not have the resources to use the API, there are third-party options that can do this for you. Import2 is one of these options - if you provide the CSV file(s) we can import all records for you, bypassing these CSV upload limitations. Feel free to reach out anytime to us at: help@import2.com or you can visit our site at: https://www.import2.com/hubspot/crm.

Best,

Ashley