CRM

Charliehearl
Membro

Importing Client Contacts & Companies

resolver

Hi, 

When importing a list of client contacts from excel (where there are multiple contacts per company) I am facing two problems. If I list the Company Name property under 'Company domain name' the error occurs that any Company with spacing ie. 'GH Real Estate' is not imported and comes up as error. If I list the Company Name property as 'Name' the multiple client contacts are listed under seperate client companies despite having the same name. For example, Company 'Bluecrest' has 8 client contacts, all of which become listed under individual seperate Bluecrest client companies, as apposed to all under the same one. As far as I am aware these are the two properties that would best descibe the comany name, so am unsure what to do.

Please advise! Many thanks.

C

0 Avaliação positiva
2 Solução aceitas
bradmin
Solução
Conselheiro(a) de destaque

resolver

Hi, @Charliehearl. The Company Domain Name property is looking for the email domain associated with the company, instead of its name. Instead of 'GH Real Estate', try passing ghrealestate.com, or whatever value shows up in the domain part of that company's email address. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.

Exibir solução no post original

mark_vande_haar
Solução
Colaborador(a)

resolver

Alright so are you importing Contact First Name, Contact Last Name. Contact Email address and probably other information?  Company name will auto-populate in Hubspot if that email is a company domain and this setting is turned on. Settings--Contacts & Companies-- Companies-- Automatically create and associate companies with contacts. 

From there everything will auto-associate and you can search by "company name" 

Exibir solução no post original

0 Avaliação positiva
5 Respostas 5
bradmin
Solução
Conselheiro(a) de destaque

resolver

Hi, @Charliehearl. The Company Domain Name property is looking for the email domain associated with the company, instead of its name. Instead of 'GH Real Estate', try passing ghrealestate.com, or whatever value shows up in the domain part of that company's email address. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.
Charliehearl
Membro

resolver

Hi,

Awesome thats worked. Email domain is pretty important as all other company details feed through that, wasn't aware previously.

Thanks for your help,

C

mark_vande_haar
Colaborador(a)

resolver

Just to clarify does each company has multiple contacts? Not the other way around. If the contacts have emails with specific company domains all your contacts will associate with that company.  Hubspot is built for this type of upload and work magically if a companyname.com email is present. 

Company name will auto-populate from the Hubspot Insights tools. Company domain is just a place for a URL in a perfect world. 

0 Avaliação positiva
Charliehearl
Membro

resolver

Hi,

Thanks for the response. Yes each company has multiple contacts. Contacts have a specific email with company domain, and when imported technically does work in asigning multiple contacts to a company - however then each client company does not have a Name, and the way of searching for companies is by domain which isn't easy, nor consistent and doesn't appear clean. For example a company with name Fredricks John Jefferson Property would have the domain fjjp.co.uk which isn't what I want to be searching for. 

Hope that makes sense?

Thanks, C

0 Avaliação positiva
mark_vande_haar
Solução
Colaborador(a)

resolver

Alright so are you importing Contact First Name, Contact Last Name. Contact Email address and probably other information?  Company name will auto-populate in Hubspot if that email is a company domain and this setting is turned on. Settings--Contacts & Companies-- Companies-- Automatically create and associate companies with contacts. 

From there everything will auto-associate and you can search by "company name" 

0 Avaliação positiva