CRM

MPontes
Membro

Imported list not showing contacts

resolver

I succesfully imported a list of 64 contacts

MPontes_0-1637855539343.png

However when I open the list it only shows one contact.

MPontes_1-1637855638658.png

My colleague can see all 64 contacts but I can't. Help? 

Thank you.

Michelle

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Solução aceita
karstenkoehler
Solução
Membro do Hall da Fama | Parceiro

resolver

Hi @MPontes,

When you import contacts, HubSpot is not automatically making you the contact owner. There are different ways that contact ownership can be assigned in HubSpot, you can see them here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/how-to-set-an-owner

If you want to set this during the import, you can see the steps here. You'd have to add a column in your import file called "Contact owner" and add your email address for each row/contact in that import file.

Alternatively, you could ask an admin in your portal to bulk assign these contacts to you.

What I assume is happening is that your contact access permissions are set to view team only or owned only, excluding unassigned contacts. If you imported these contacts without an owner (see above), then they're sitting around unassigned and would not be visible to you. (You could review these contact view access permissions with your HubSpot admin.)

The quickest solution, again, would be another import as mentioned above. HubSpot will simply update these contacts, based on their email address, and you should be able to see them right after the import.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Exibir solução no post original

6 Respostas 6
MPontes
Membro

resolver

Perfect! I have added a column with "Owner" to the list and I am now able to see all contacts, many thanks!

0 Avaliação positiva
MPontes
Membro

resolver

Hi, I have imported the list so I think I own it? 

MPontes_0-1637924044950.png

When I click on the list it shows one contat only

MPontes_1-1637924088672.png

However if i enter the contacts manualy I can see them? 

0 Avaliação positiva
karstenkoehler
Solução

resolver

Hi @MPontes,

When you import contacts, HubSpot is not automatically making you the contact owner. There are different ways that contact ownership can be assigned in HubSpot, you can see them here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/how-to-set-an-owner

If you want to set this during the import, you can see the steps here. You'd have to add a column in your import file called "Contact owner" and add your email address for each row/contact in that import file.

Alternatively, you could ask an admin in your portal to bulk assign these contacts to you.

What I assume is happening is that your contact access permissions are set to view team only or owned only, excluding unassigned contacts. If you imported these contacts without an owner (see above), then they're sitting around unassigned and would not be visible to you. (You could review these contact view access permissions with your HubSpot admin.)

The quickest solution, again, would be another import as mentioned above. HubSpot will simply update these contacts, based on their email address, and you should be able to see them right after the import.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

MPontes
Membro

resolver

Hi, thank you for your reply. 

I am part of the UK and Australia Marketing team

MPontes_0-1637863675649.png

and it looks like I should have access to contacts.

However I don't seem to have an assigned role:

MPontes_1-1637863741598.png

Could that be the issue? 

0 Avaliação positiva
Phil_Vallender
Participante de valor | Parceiro Diamante

resolver

Hi @MPontes 

I suspect that the contacts that you are missing are owned by user in a different team, not UK and Australia Marketing team, and that's why you can't see them. Can you check who owns them?

I don't think role is the issue. 

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
0 Avaliação positiva
Phil_Vallender

resolver

Hi @MPontes 

Based on the screenshots it looks like your user/team permissions, specifically which contacts you can view, are the issue. 

It would appear that 63 of the 64 contacts either belong to a team besides UK and Australia Marketing Communications and you are not a memeber of that team, or they are unassigned and you do not have premission to view unassigned contacts. 

Hope this helps?

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
0 Avaliação positiva