CRM

SvandenPoll
Participante

Imported contacts wrongly overwritten - colleague lost most of his contacts

resolver

Dear all,

I hope you can help me with this particular situation:

Me and my colleague are using 2 different accounts and figured that it would benefit us to become 2 users of the same account in order to align our CRM processes.

I exported all my contats form my account and imported the file into the account I now share with my colleague. 

After the importation I realized that most of his contacts were merged with mine in a very strange way. Some contacts now have a first name of my contact and a last name of his contact and also company info and email adresses are mixed up.

When I follow the restore process, the restore page does not show any contacts:

SvandenPoll_0-1637394642928.png

As my colleague cannot use his CRM anymore, it would be really helpful if someone can assist in getting his contacts back to the situation before the import.

Please help!?

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
karstenkoehler
Solución
Miembro del salón de la fama | Partner

resolver

Hi @SvandenPoll,

The "Restore contacts" section is for deleted contacts only. Unfortunately, there isn't a time machine option in HubSpot.

As a first step, I'd recommend that you review the import file(s) under Menu > Contacts > Imports, scroll down, hover over the import, click More and Download Contacts file.

karstenkoehler_0-1637394976693.png

The headers in this file can clue you in what went wrong. If you're unsure, find a contact from the import file, open the contact record in the CRM and find the button View property history in the left sidebar. Here you can see which values were overwritten.

Once you have an understanding of what went wrong and which properties were incorrectly overwritten by the import. You can then start and revert bulk property changes, one by one, for each property, following these steps: Reverting Bulk Property Changes by Importing Historical Property Values

Keep in mind that you cannot unmerge the contacts to the previous state. HubSpot will always update information based on the unique identifier, which is the email address. If your colleague had a contact with the same email address as you, these two records are now the same and this cannot be changed. (This is default behavior in HubSpot.)

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions and whether I should elaborate on any of the steps above.

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

3 Respuestas 3
karstenkoehler
Solución

resolver

Hi @SvandenPoll,

The "Restore contacts" section is for deleted contacts only. Unfortunately, there isn't a time machine option in HubSpot.

As a first step, I'd recommend that you review the import file(s) under Menu > Contacts > Imports, scroll down, hover over the import, click More and Download Contacts file.

karstenkoehler_0-1637394976693.png

The headers in this file can clue you in what went wrong. If you're unsure, find a contact from the import file, open the contact record in the CRM and find the button View property history in the left sidebar. Here you can see which values were overwritten.

Once you have an understanding of what went wrong and which properties were incorrectly overwritten by the import. You can then start and revert bulk property changes, one by one, for each property, following these steps: Reverting Bulk Property Changes by Importing Historical Property Values

Keep in mind that you cannot unmerge the contacts to the previous state. HubSpot will always update information based on the unique identifier, which is the email address. If your colleague had a contact with the same email address as you, these two records are now the same and this cannot be changed. (This is default behavior in HubSpot.)

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions and whether I should elaborate on any of the steps above.

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

SvandenPoll
Participante

resolver

Hi @karstenkoehler,

Thank you very much for your support.

I managed to restore contact nifo, email adress and company name. However the associated company is automatically generated by Hubspot and cannot be changed by an import.

So the associated company displayed in the top left corner below the contacts name and email is still displaying the wrong name.

Do you know how I can revert or correct this as well?

Additionally, I also saw that a lot of empty deals were created. Do you know how this can be reverted or deleted?

Thank you so much for your support.

Kind Regards,

Sandra

0 Me gusta
karstenkoehler

resolver

Hi @SvandenPoll,

Associations can unfortunately not be updated in bulk – here you'll probably have to update the records one by one. Depending on which information you have in HubSpot, starting with a clean slate and re-importing all records might be an option but it's hard to tell without having seen your CRM.

For those deals, if they don't hold any relevant information and are in that sense empty shells, then sure, you could delete them.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 Me gusta