CRM

CSchütz

Import with Contact ID

SOLVE

Hi all,

I just want to import one column to certain already existing contacts in hubspot, so I prepared an excel with two columns. One column is the contact id, the other one the additional info I want to import. After I have checked the box to import with contact ID and I go on, a mistake is raised, saying that something went wrong. 

Do you have any idea how to solve that problem?

Br,

Chris

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
CSchütz
Solution

Import with Contact ID

SOLVE

hi, the solution is that the property in the import has to have the same wording like the property in the system, then it works and it works quite well with only the contact ID and withou the E-Mail.

Br,

Chris

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
JVOGELSANG
Contributor

Import with Contact ID

SOLVE

We are trying to update contact fields for existing contacts for which the Contact ID is obtained from previously exporting the incomplete contact records.
For some contacts the email field is empty and the name fields are not unique - so these are not usable as key fields.

At the Map stage Contact ID is not allowed as a valid choice, instead choose Record ID to unlock this step.

JVOGELSANG_1-1655974919050.png

0 Upvotes
CSchütz
Solution

Import with Contact ID

SOLVE

hi, the solution is that the property in the import has to have the same wording like the property in the system, then it works and it works quite well with only the contact ID and withou the E-Mail.

Br,

Chris

0 Upvotes
CSchütz

Import with Contact ID

SOLVE

Hi Karsten,

Thanks for your fast reply. Find attached the mistake, which is shown as screenshot and the import excel what I want to do. I tried the import as you said including the E-Mail but it doen't work either. The browsers I changed and there was no improvement, always the same mistake. 

Do you have any other ideas?

Best regards,

Chris

excel_import.pngbug.png

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Import with Contact ID

SOLVE

Hi @CSchütz,

It looks like you did everything correctly, judging from what you shared. This might be a temporary issue or a bug then.

You could try copying the import information into a new file, making sure only to select the relevant columns/rows. Maybe there is an issue with the file itself.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Import with Contact ID

SOLVE

Hi @CSchütz,

Firstly, for contacts, both the Contact ID and the email address serve as unique identifier. If your import file could have the email address as well, this might be an easier option.

Could you share a screenshot of the error message that you're getting? If it's unspecific, it might be related to your browser settings. In that case, try another browser, clear cache/cookies or disable/enable extensions one by one to see if one is causing the issue.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes