CRM

nggenova
Participant

Import lists

SOLVE

I discovered how to use multiple options for one property in an Excel list that I import into HubSpot.  

;Savings;Checking;Loan       

If I import a new list though and I want it to look like this -    ;Savings;Checking       because a given contact no longer has a loan it does not remove Loan in that contact's information. Has anybody figured out how to do this with an imported list?  Thank you. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
ConnorSlivensky
Solution
Key Advisor | Elite Partner

Import lists

SOLVE

Depending on your tier you can use workflows to remove the Loan option. 

"If you want to clear a property value in an existing object, you can only do so using a workflow (Professional and Enterprise users only). Blank values will be ignored." 

Source

Sorry I don't have better news for you. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Mike_Eastwood
Key Advisor | Gold Partner
Key Advisor | Gold Partner

Import lists

SOLVE

Hi @nggenova 

If you import without the semi colon at the start it will set the options and clear the old ones. If you import with the semicolon at the start it will apend your options.

For example:

If the options already selected are "Savings, Checking" and you import ";Savings;Checking;Loan" (note semicolon at the start) or simply ";Loan" then Loan will be added to your list.

If the options already selected are "Savings, Checking" and you import "Loan" (without the semicolon at the start – then Loan will replace your list.

Have fun

Mike

0 Upvotes
ConnorSlivensky
Solution

Import lists

SOLVE

Depending on your tier you can use workflows to remove the Loan option. 

"If you want to clear a property value in an existing object, you can only do so using a workflow (Professional and Enterprise users only). Blank values will be ignored." 

Source

Sorry I don't have better news for you.