CRM

Curting
Participant

Import list of companies to be used in mail sequences

SOLVE

I have a csv file with the name, e-mail and URL of a group of companies. How do I import this list in a fashion that enables me to create an outreach of mail sequences?

It looks to me like the CMS only allows me to send e-mails to contacts. Since I don't have a list of contacts at the respective companies, I'm stuck. A work-around would be to upload the list as contacts instead of companies, but that seems like a broken way of doing things. Also because I'd like to add contacts later on when communication has been established.

How should I approach this?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
joshua-paul
Solution
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Josh is right that it is not a quality list yet. However, if you have the need to test this list or email the company (as you put it), you can upload this list into the contact properies since you have the email address.

A couple notes: 

• I'm assuming it is a clean, legit list.
  • If you have the setting turned on to automatically associate contacts and companies, companies will be created for each of these new contacts.

You can then run email marketing campaigns or sales sequences to this list. Be sure to not use personalization tokens, like Contact Name, in your email copy since you don't have it for this list.

Once you have actual contacts in your system, you can supress this list from email campaigns to real people by filtering out this list or by not including anyone without a first name (since this list won't have first names).

Good luck, @cur 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Josh
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Curting,

Sequences are meant for 1-to-1 communication. It's not the best practice to email a distribution list or generic company email address such as info@ using the sequences tool. My recommendation is to do some additional research first and find individual contacts so that you can send a more personalized email. This extra effort will pay off more in the long run.

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

Curting
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @Josh,

Thanks for your quick and helpful reply!

I'll follow your advise 🙂

Still, I'm left wondering if it is possible to contact a Company entity through HubSpot or if it has to be a Contact?

0 Upvotes
joshua-paul
Solution

SOLVE

Josh is right that it is not a quality list yet. However, if you have the need to test this list or email the company (as you put it), you can upload this list into the contact properies since you have the email address.

A couple notes: 

• I'm assuming it is a clean, legit list.
  • If you have the setting turned on to automatically associate contacts and companies, companies will be created for each of these new contacts.

You can then run email marketing campaigns or sales sequences to this list. Be sure to not use personalization tokens, like Contact Name, in your email copy since you don't have it for this list.

Once you have actual contacts in your system, you can supress this list from email campaigns to real people by filtering out this list or by not including anyone without a first name (since this list won't have first names).

Good luck, @cur