CRM

jimwatson
Miembro

Import for Company took Lifecycle Stage backwards

I had the understanding that the Lifecycle Stage wouldn't change if I import a company that has Lead as the Lifecycle Stage in the import and Sales Qualified Lead in the system already. However, when I imported a test, it took the company from Sales Qualified Lead back to a Lead. Shouldn't this have stayed as a Sales Qualified Lead?

0 Me gusta
2 Respuestas 2
dianalcont
Colaborador líder | Partner nivel Diamond
Colaborador líder | Partner nivel Diamond

Hi @jimwatson - I totally get the headache this would have caused had you imported the whole list and not done a test (speaking from experience)!

You have to be very careful when you update using an import. HubSpot only knows that you are giving it new information about a contact or company not what your intention is and unfortunately this can lead to unintentionally updating a field that shouldn't have been updated.

Some tips I give to my clients:

• Anything you know is not aligned with the data in HubSpot - exclude from the import (either by removing the column from your CSV or by telling HubSpot not to import that column)
  • Make sure anything you import is as accurate and up to date as possible (including lifecycle stage, lead status and any other signals that might cross sales and marketing wires)
  • If possible use a workflow to bulk update a specific property for companies and contacts

Hope this helps clear things up!

Diana

Did this post help solve your problem? Help the community and mark it as a solution.
Diana Contreras
Helping B2Bs grow faster with a systematic inbound marketing framework.
HubSpot Diamond Partner BadgeA Diamond Solutions Partner
Book 30 Minutes with Diana »
jimwatson
Miembro

Hi @dianalcont - Thanks, but unfortunately, that doesn't really clear things up. As mentioned, and based on experience, I did a test to confirm the functionality mentioned here in the FAQs....which mentions the lifecycle stage wouldn't go backwards. Unfortunately, it did. I am trying to import new leads and HubSpot is incorrectly consolidating leads together. So what I am importing is in fact accurate and needed in the import as they are new records.

Hoping someone on the HubSpot side can help clear some things up. Thanks, all!

Cheers,

Jim

0 Me gusta