CRM

NB_Contra

Import deleted notes and tasks etc

SOLVE

I did an export of all my hubspot companies and then populated one field in particular for each company with information after which I imported back into hubspot.

Now some companies no longer have associated records, any of the notes logged, activites, or tasks logged.

Is there any way to retrieve this information?

1 Accepted solution
Trumeter
Solution
Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Our guess with a big disclaimer we don't know enough, but without knowing more, it is possible you didn't lose the data but that the import created duplicate companies that only contain the data you imported. HubSpot dedupes companies based on domain name, so if the original data and/or import did not contain domain names, the data would have been duplicated.

Most likely, the proper data is still there and the company records need to be merged with each other. Another option is to delete the duplicated company records and set this new field via a workflow instead.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Q: Can we import notes into HubSpot contact records?

Short A: Yes.

Longer A:

Beginning in December, the ability to import notes into HubSpot is now built-in fuctionality.

- see Everything You Need to Know About the New HubSpot Import

14-Dec-2018: HubSpot Import Notes14-Dec-2018: HubSpot Import Notes 

Help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this solution now.

Best,
Frank

Author "Perfect HubSpot" Series

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v05.png

MFrankJohnson.com | Connect on LinkedIn

Help find posts quickly ... accept this solution now.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
Trumeter
Solution

SOLVE

Our guess with a big disclaimer we don't know enough, but without knowing more, it is possible you didn't lose the data but that the import created duplicate companies that only contain the data you imported. HubSpot dedupes companies based on domain name, so if the original data and/or import did not contain domain names, the data would have been duplicated.

Most likely, the proper data is still there and the company records need to be merged with each other. Another option is to delete the duplicated company records and set this new field via a workflow instead.

NB_Contra

SOLVE

I think you are right, but I suspect that the duplicated companies were deleted.

Is there any way to find these deleted companies or is this a learning curve I will just have to live with?

0 Upvotes
Trumeter

SOLVE

Headed to a meeting but we might be able to advise (Trujay Group).  I know we have some meetings going on now but if you can jump on Trujay.com later today and use the intercom app, we might be able to help guide you.

0 Upvotes