CRM

MCompliance

Import - Issue

SOLVE

Hi, any recommendation as to what needs to be done on my situation below please? Basic troubleshooting has been done. I can't proceed as the next button is greyedout. Thank you.Screenshot 2023-03-28 at 5.46.42 AM.png

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Import - Issue

SOLVE

Hi @MCompliance,

It looks like you chose that you want to both update and create contacts and companies. If you want to update companies, your import file needs a Company domain name column (for updating companies) and an Email column (for updating contacts) or a record ID column for each object.

If you don't have those columns, HubSpot cannot update existing records because there isn't any identifier that HubSpot can use to find existing contacts. In that case, you could go back one step and choose to only create new records.

If that's not an option, you need to make sure that your import file includes the required properties. By clicking on the small > next to Company and Contact, you can see which fields HubSpot requires you to map.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
MCompliance

Import - Issue

SOLVE

Thank you. It worked.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Import - Issue

SOLVE

Hi @MCompliance,

It looks like you chose that you want to both update and create contacts and companies. If you want to update companies, your import file needs a Company domain name column (for updating companies) and an Email column (for updating contacts) or a record ID column for each object.

If you don't have those columns, HubSpot cannot update existing records because there isn't any identifier that HubSpot can use to find existing contacts. In that case, you could go back one step and choose to only create new records.

If that's not an option, you need to make sure that your import file includes the required properties. By clicking on the small > next to Company and Contact, you can see which fields HubSpot requires you to map.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

CWalder

Import - Issue

SOLVE

Hi Karsten, thanks for all your work here, you've helped more than you'd know. There is a way to alter those 'required properties' for import data, I know there must be, as we have a unique field in our required list, but I cant find out how to get there, edit, or add a unique required property. Can you point me in the right direction please?

0 Upvotes