CRM

RayNag

Import DropDown select list

SOLVE

I would like to create a custom property with a 'dropdown select' list. The Dropdown selectlist however is quite big and I don't want to create the list manually. Is there a possibility to import the dbase with dropdown select list items?

1 Accepted solution
jackcoldrick
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @RayNag,

It's possible to add options to the dropdown in bulk. When you are creating the property click "Load options" then "Paste in your own options". It looks like this:

add-options.png

There is also more information here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/contacts/manage-your-properties.

I hope this helps!

Jack

Jack Coldrick
Solutions Engineer @ HubSpot
Add me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
agirard
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @RayNag ! Alex from the import/export team here.

Do you ever need to create new properties as you're importing new records into the CRM? Or are you always creating these properties prior to importing new records?

The solution @jackcoldrick suggested will allow you to upload values into a dropdown select property as you're creating it. But if you're creating the property mid-import, there might be some new additions we could add that would speed up your process. For example, we're considering auto-creating dropdown select options based on the different values found within the column of your spreadsheet.

For example, imagine if you were importing contacts, and there was a column in your file titled "New Dropdown Property." There are 10 different options for this property, but the property is not yet created in the CRM. In the future, you could click create new property, and we'd be "smart" about suggesting that you should create a dropdown select property, with 10 options pre-selected and added into the property editor.

Would love to know if you'd find this valuable!

jackcoldrick
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @RayNag,

It's possible to add options to the dropdown in bulk. When you are creating the property click "Load options" then "Paste in your own options". It looks like this:

add-options.png

There is also more information here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/contacts/manage-your-properties.

I hope this helps!

Jack

Jack Coldrick
Solutions Engineer @ HubSpot
Add me on LinkedIn
LGrayYV
Participant

SOLVE

Does this method allow you to upload in bulk both the Label and Internal Value? I would also like to request this feature, I'm moving over from Formstack which does allow you to easily upload a csv of Lables an Values. This is very helpful for a dropdown Property I need to manage that has nearly 100 options, and is often updated. It has been helpful for me to be able to update that spreadsheet internally (as several other teams use it, so it helps us ensure we're all using the most up to date options), and then easily update the drop down option in any of our forms that use that Property. Having to create and then update this drop down manually is very time consuming and prone to human error.