CRM

AnnieG

Import Data, create a deal & link to Sales Manager

SOLVE

Hi

I have a list of contacts around 500.  Against each record there is a Sales Person allocated to the record.  I would like to import this data, then create a deal, then have this record linked to a Sales Manager. 

By uploading the data this way it creates a deal, links to the appropriate Sales Manager who can then contact the lead/deal.  Otherwise the worst case is to upload the contacts and manually create a deal and then link to the Sales Manager 😕

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
tverdokhlib1
Solution
Top Contributor | Partner

SOLVE

Hello,

It's possible to import multiple objects (like Deals and Contacts) from a single CSV/XLSX file. 

So, to complete your task, you should do the following in your CSV/XLSX file:

1. Contact Owner. Name a row where your Sales Persons as Contact Owner. Then, in import - copy this value to Contact's property Contact Owner. 

2. Deal Owner. Copy-paste Contact Owner to the Deal Owner row. 

3. Add all other Deal and Contact rows and make sure you have appropriate properties in HubSpot. 

_____

When your CSV/ XLSx file is ready, go to HubSpot - Contacts - at the top right corner click on Import - Start Import - File from Computer, Click on Next - One file, Next - Multiple Objects, Next - choose Contacts and Deals, Next - Upload you file, Next - in the appeared window connect your CSV/XLSX fields with HubSpot Properties (and also choose the right Object), then Click on Next and your import will start. 

If all is correct, then HubSpot will create Deals and Contacts (or update them if they are existing)

I hope it helps

Thanks,

Anton

Anton Tverdokhlib,
HubSpot Expert | RevOps & CRM & Automation Consultant

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AnnieG,

Yes, this is a common use case. What you'll do is import multiple objects in one file. This is going to be the easiest option here.

Before we start, I'd recommend you check the sample files here, e.g. Contacts and companies and Companies and deals: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/set-up-your-import-file#multiple-objects-with-associations

This will give you a good idea of the format your import will have to have.

In your import file, you should have at least columns for

• Email (to be mapped to the contact record later)
  • First name (recommended but not necessary)
  • Last name (recommended but not necessary)
  • Company name (recommended but not necessary)
  • Contact owner (add email address of the HubSpot user here, the contact must be a user already, otherwise this will cause an error)
  • Deal name (this could be the company name or just something plain like 'New deal', although something distinct will make it easier to work with the deals)
  • Pipeline (name of the pipeline)
  • Deal stage (name of the deal stage you want the deal to go)
  • Amount (recommended but not necessary)
  • Deal owner (add email address of the HubSpot user here, the contact must be a user already, otherwise this will cause an error)

During the import in HubSpot you would then select that you're importing multiple objects in one file. You can then map each of these columns above to the contact and deal object. During import, HubSpot will automatically associate them.

Keep in mind that HubSpot will not update deals should you make a mistake and import the file again. Deals are only deduplicated by record ID. If you don't have a deal record ID in your import file, with each repeated import, HubSpot will simply create the deals again and again. Not an issue if you get it right the first time – which I'm confident you will.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AnnieG,

Yes, this is a common use case. What you'll do is import multiple objects in one file. This is going to be the easiest option here.

Before we start, I'd recommend you check the sample files here, e.g. Contacts and companies and Companies and deals: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/set-up-your-import-file#multiple-objects-with-associations

This will give you a good idea of the format your import will have to have.

In your import file, you should have at least columns for

• Email (to be mapped to the contact record later)
  • First name (recommended but not necessary)
  • Last name (recommended but not necessary)
  • Company name (recommended but not necessary)
  • Contact owner (add email address of the HubSpot user here, the contact must be a user already, otherwise this will cause an error)
  • Deal name (this could be the company name or just something plain like 'New deal', although something distinct will make it easier to work with the deals)
  • Pipeline (name of the pipeline)
  • Deal stage (name of the deal stage you want the deal to go)
  • Amount (recommended but not necessary)
  • Deal owner (add email address of the HubSpot user here, the contact must be a user already, otherwise this will cause an error)

During the import in HubSpot you would then select that you're importing multiple objects in one file. You can then map each of these columns above to the contact and deal object. During import, HubSpot will automatically associate them.

Keep in mind that HubSpot will not update deals should you make a mistake and import the file again. Deals are only deduplicated by record ID. If you don't have a deal record ID in your import file, with each repeated import, HubSpot will simply create the deals again and again. Not an issue if you get it right the first time – which I'm confident you will.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

tverdokhlib1
Solution

SOLVE

Hello,

It's possible to import multiple objects (like Deals and Contacts) from a single CSV/XLSX file. 

So, to complete your task, you should do the following in your CSV/XLSX file:

1. Contact Owner. Name a row where your Sales Persons as Contact Owner. Then, in import - copy this value to Contact's property Contact Owner. 

2. Deal Owner. Copy-paste Contact Owner to the Deal Owner row. 

3. Add all other Deal and Contact rows and make sure you have appropriate properties in HubSpot. 

_____

When your CSV/ XLSx file is ready, go to HubSpot - Contacts - at the top right corner click on Import - Start Import - File from Computer, Click on Next - One file, Next - Multiple Objects, Next - choose Contacts and Deals, Next - Upload you file, Next - in the appeared window connect your CSV/XLSX fields with HubSpot Properties (and also choose the right Object), then Click on Next and your import will start. 

If all is correct, then HubSpot will create Deals and Contacts (or update them if they are existing)

I hope it helps

Thanks,

Anton

Anton Tverdokhlib,
HubSpot Expert | RevOps & CRM & Automation Consultant