CRM

ExpertiseCons01

Import Business with Companies and Contacts

SOLVE

Hi

I'm trying to import deals with the associated company and contact, but I'm really lost. First, I created the companies and contacts, then I prepared the file with the deals information but when I try to associate the field with the columns, I can't find the fields "associated company id", "associated company name", "contact id" or "contact name".  What can I do?

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ExpertiseCons01 

This is hard to explain in a few lines, but here are some pointers:

• To obtain the HubSpot IDs of companies, contacts or deals, to dedupe against existing ones when import, you first have to export those records out of HubSpot
  • Then you need to prepare two spreadsheets with your two objects to be assocaited:
    • Each reecord that already exists in HubSpot needs an ID to ensure deduping
    • Both sheets need a column with a common name containing a common reference field - this field can contain anything, i.e, company name, URL, ID all work fine

When you import these two spreadsheets, exisiting records will be updated, not dupicated, and associated to each other based on the common field. 

You may need to perform this process multiple times to fully associate contacts, companies and deals to one another. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

Anastasiia_dy
Solution
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ExpertiseCons01!

You can try out an automated migration tool - Trujay . At first you can try a solution for free on your own with mapping process, if you need help you can choose any of the services . 

I hope my answer will help.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Anastasiia_dy
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @ExpertiseCons01!

You can try out an automated migration tool - Trujay . At first you can try a solution for free on your own with mapping process, if you need help you can choose any of the services . 

I hope my answer will help.

Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @ExpertiseCons01 

This is hard to explain in a few lines, but here are some pointers:

• To obtain the HubSpot IDs of companies, contacts or deals, to dedupe against existing ones when import, you first have to export those records out of HubSpot
  • Then you need to prepare two spreadsheets with your two objects to be assocaited:
    • Each reecord that already exists in HubSpot needs an ID to ensure deduping
    • Both sheets need a column with a common name containing a common reference field - this field can contain anything, i.e, company name, URL, ID all work fine

When you import these two spreadsheets, exisiting records will be updated, not dupicated, and associated to each other based on the common field. 

You may need to perform this process multiple times to fully associate contacts, companies and deals to one another. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency