CRM

DJohnson4
Contributor

If/Then equation in calculation property

SOLVE

Hi,

Is it possible to create a calculation property using an if/then equation?

Use case: I have a workflow that has a date stamp set when a contact enrols, if that contact quotes or purchases within 30 days of the enrollment date stamp, I want to be able to flag that that customer has a quote/purchase that we can attribute to that workflow. What I would like to be able to do is use a calculation property where the logic is; IF quote date is >1 day & <=30 days after enrollment date THEN "Attributed", else "Not Attributed"

The only way I can think of doing it is having a time-between calculation property which uses the enrollment date as the start date and the quote/purchase date, which we feed from an external source and store as a contact record. Once I've got my time between property set up, then run a workflow that says if the time between property is between 1 & 31 days, set another contact property to "Attributed".

P.S. We don't use SalesHub so cannot use the attribution reporting tool within Hubspot.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be keen to hear them.

thanks,

David

1 Accepted solution
christopher-RVO
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

@DJohnson4  I think this could be streamlined a bit more in a couple of ways: 

1. First we would create a couple different properties: Enrollment Date, Enrollment Expiration Date, and Quote/Purchase Date. 
  2. We would create a workflow that sets the enrollment expiration date to be 30 days after the enrollment date. 
  3. Create another workflow that details the below: 
    Screen Shot 2022-10-13 at 1.17.03 PM.png

Let me know if that solves for what you're looking for, I would try to stay away from the calculated properties for this if you can as it can get a bit messy. 

Christopher Barnett - VP of Revenue at Aptitude 8

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
dmaxwell
Contributor | Partner
Contributor | Partner

SOLVE

Hello, quick addition to this one as I'm trying to compare two calculated values (integers - Parts Order, Parts Received and Parts Required (ordered + Received).  All the comparisons for the calculated properties seem to want a number to compare as opposed to being able to compare two properties... is there a way to compare the two properties (i.e if required = order then do a), else do b))

0 Upvotes
BérangèreL
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @dmaxwell,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

I found the solution from @ArtiumKon on this similar post "Comparing Two Properties" that might help you!

Have a lovely day!

Best,
Bérangère

Saviez-vous que la Communauté est disponible en Français ?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings!

MrBean
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Is there an idea for this within the actual calculation properties? The workflow workaround is so silly. Can't believe we don't have if then within the actual calculation.

Running a workflow is slow, an additional step and requires a second property. 

DJohnson4
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks @christopher-RVO,

This is pretty much exactly what I was looking for. 

0 Upvotes
christopher-RVO
Solution

SOLVE

@DJohnson4  I think this could be streamlined a bit more in a couple of ways: 

1. First we would create a couple different properties: Enrollment Date, Enrollment Expiration Date, and Quote/Purchase Date. 
  2. We would create a workflow that sets the enrollment expiration date to be 30 days after the enrollment date. 
  3. Create another workflow that details the below: 
    Screen Shot 2022-10-13 at 1.17.03 PM.png

Let me know if that solves for what you're looking for, I would try to stay away from the calculated properties for this if you can as it can get a bit messy. 

Christopher Barnett - VP of Revenue at Aptitude 8